Go HERE for part I
Go HERE for part II
Well, the verdict is in. He got the official letter in the mail today from municipal court.
He's managed to reel in a fine to the tune of 585$ (applause, please. It's one of his lowest fines to date)
He's got a sentence of 60 days in jail beginning Monday, September 26, 2011. He has to appear at the prison on that date. I think it's around 9am. I don't remember what time I dropped him off for the time he did a couple years ago for the DUI charge where he did 21 days in the chicken coop of a holding cell for the DUI offenders. That was the charge all this stemmed from. The charge that lost him his license to begin with.
He's appealing, which usually just puts off the inevitable.
He doesn't seem to be stressing over this too much. He's not visibly upset. He's glad he'll be out in time for the holidays. Thanksgiving, yay, and who wants to miss Christmas, right?
He doesn't seem to be thinking of me or the fact that I have to arrange childcare for these days that he's gone. And isn't it wonderful how I get to pick up the slack and others get to pick up the slack while he's gone. He only thinks of himself and how this will affect him
At least while he's in there he realizes his priorities.
I cut him off while he's inside, which is never good because it seems to make him stir crazy.
Oh, well.
2 months is not a long time when you've done 1oo times that.
No big deal, right?
Ass hole.
SOM 8/18/11
Ugh. That really sucks. I mean - it really inconveniences you to have to find a sitter - especially on the weekend. :(
ReplyDeleteNot the first or the last time either.
ReplyDelete