D=deliciousness
Late entry for Wednesday, 4/4/12
I have said this before and I will say it again. One of my favorite meals is crabs.
Maryland crabs doused with old bay seasoning and brought to the table by a Russian waitress named Ileanna ot Tatiana. I swear Ocean City, Maryland staffs their establishments with nothing but Russians. Broken English and all, language barriers between the English and non English speaking galore, especially early in the summer season. By the end of summer everyone's fluent. Wednesday evening the kids and I went to Higgin's for the hell of it to see if the crabs were available. I thought this delicacy was seasonal. I thought it was too early in the year to get all sloppy dirty with crab innards. Wrong.
We passed by the window to the restaurant and I hear the boy say they're hammering them open. Amen.
The day started out on the boardwalk with fries (courtesy of Thrasher's) doused with vinegar and then in the evening, 2 dozen medium sized crabs that the 4 of us shared. There is literally nothing like cracking open a shell, ripping the crab limb from limb, dipping its savory white meat into melted butter and chowing down. Plus, a real, live, bottled Budweiser. I could smell it before I tasted it.
Crabs coupled with the beer! I was in heaven.
Late entry for Wednesday, 4/4/12
I have said this before and I will say it again. One of my favorite meals is crabs.
Maryland crabs doused with old bay seasoning and brought to the table by a Russian waitress named Ileanna ot Tatiana. I swear Ocean City, Maryland staffs their establishments with nothing but Russians. Broken English and all, language barriers between the English and non English speaking galore, especially early in the summer season. By the end of summer everyone's fluent. Wednesday evening the kids and I went to Higgin's for the hell of it to see if the crabs were available. I thought this delicacy was seasonal. I thought it was too early in the year to get all sloppy dirty with crab innards. Wrong.
We passed by the window to the restaurant and I hear the boy say they're hammering them open. Amen.
The day started out on the boardwalk with fries (courtesy of Thrasher's) doused with vinegar and then in the evening, 2 dozen medium sized crabs that the 4 of us shared. There is literally nothing like cracking open a shell, ripping the crab limb from limb, dipping its savory white meat into melted butter and chowing down. Plus, a real, live, bottled Budweiser. I could smell it before I tasted it.
Crabs coupled with the beer! I was in heaven.
And heaven stinks like an ocean side brewery.
Jill
4/7/12
No comments:
Post a Comment