March 1, 2012
Today's topic is...
What is the best aspect of your life?
This one took some thought. I looked at that question and thought of all the lovely things going on here. Remote control TVs, Internet access, being a homeowner, being a mommy, having a job.
Blah, blah , blah. I went upstairs for a shower and had to come up with something that is the best aspect of my life. And it hit me!
Being single.
Being single.
I am sure that being in a relationship has its perks. Hell, I was in one for a decade. In the beginning, that initial honey moon phase is the bombdiggity. Then there's that in between part where you have seen every aspect of the other person and start to wonder, WTF? Where the fuck did Romeo go? Where did that wonderful, charming, responsible, funny and great person go?
Then there's the last couple years or so and the only thing that fucker's good for is a roll in the hay and free child care. Romeo is dead and decaying back in the honeymoon and that asshole from the middle has turned into an obnoxious, self absorbed dick. It's time to move on crosses your mind a hundred and ten times. The reason it takes so long for the end to come is because the good peeks out every couple of months and surprises you. Like, hey, this guy ain't so bad. He just cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom. The grass was cut and the yard's clean.
Then there's the last couple years or so and the only thing that fucker's good for is a roll in the hay and free child care. Romeo is dead and decaying back in the honeymoon and that asshole from the middle has turned into an obnoxious, self absorbed dick. It's time to move on crosses your mind a hundred and ten times. The reason it takes so long for the end to come is because the good peeks out every couple of months and surprises you. Like, hey, this guy ain't so bad. He just cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom. The grass was cut and the yard's clean.
Then there he is, standing there with a proud smile like look at all the great stuff I did. He wants you to look at it all and praise him like he's 2 and the only thing you can think of saying is,
Fuck you.
I don't do the wash and then steady stay up your ass about how great I did it. Look, look, look, babe it's folded and in the drawers. Or the dishes are done, see how I towered them on the drain board so they don't all tumble to the floor? It's a fucking work of art, babe. Babe? Babe?
Then you eventually come to some conclusions
*I pay the bills (with no help from him)
*I buy everything and put it all away (with no help from him)
*I manage an entire family plus some extra bodies from time to time,
get everyone on schedule, take everyone where they need to go, bring them back
and then do it all over again.
*I pay the taxes
*I pay the taxes
*I do everything for everyone and every month I only get a clean
kitchen and bathroom.
*Sex, yeah it's good, but I'd rather have companionship.
I'd rather have participation and validation that I AM NOT ALONE
IN THIS.
I'd rather have participation and validation that I AM NOT ALONE
IN THIS.
And when you realize that he's another mouth to feed, a body to clothe, and
another person with their hand out, then it's time to roll. Of course, having addiction issues, which
resolved until he started drinking didn't help. Asshat would clean himself up, give a bitch some hope, then ass out again.
Leaving someone in need and high and dry with no help either mentally or financially, then
having extracurricular habits doesn't leave a bitch hot for you. It's a turn off.
Add on top police involvement and expecting to be on an upcoming episode of cops, doesn't leave a gal feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
Add on top police involvement and expecting to be on an upcoming episode of cops, doesn't leave a gal feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
Alas being single is great.
There's no one to answer to.
There's no arguments.
The bills still get paid.
I still have child care.
I still have child care.
My life is peaceful.
There's no bitching.
There's no harping.
There's no promises being broken on a daily basis.
The only excuses I hear are the ones I give myself.
I clean my own kitchen and bathroom.
Some other dingbat gets to love all his addictions and issues
and take care of him.
He can be her 'anchor' through it all. The only problem with him being an anchor
He can be her 'anchor' through it all. The only problem with him being an anchor
is he pulls you under and he drowns your fat ass.
Hear that, Mama? He'll drown your ass.
I'm swimming back to the surface.
Lucky me:)
Jill
3/1/12
3/1/12


Love love love love love. That is all I have to say :)
ReplyDeleteOh and also, good for you for getting rid of the anchor! It can be so hard to realize that you're better off without the guy, I usually don't realize it until after he's decided to end the relationship. But hey, better late than never, right?
Better late than never. You're right. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteBetter late than never. You're right. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I am at the end of my stressful rope - luckily not with my husband but loads of different things going on. I love that you have a trucker mouth like I get in trouble for all the time. (Not good when my 3 year old uses curse words at school (or calls her teacher lame)).
ReplyDeleteStopping by from VB today!! I'll be stopping in more often!
Have a great day!
I love the quote at the end. Almost wish I was still on talking terms with my ex so I could share it with him! It's great that you know what you want. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from the vB Hodgepodge event! :)
Thanks for dropping by. We still speak, but I don't bitch. It's over and I won't hate his ass.
DeleteYes, I too love the quote at the bottom. I have a a couple people in my life that could benefit from your post. It's a good reminder not to sacrifice happiness for companionship.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by:)
DeleteLove this, and can totally relate to everything you said. Sad but true. Someday soon, I'll be at the end of my rope, too.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
I'm working my way back up. The end came and went.
ReplyDelete