Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WWTK Wednesday

I haven't hit this hop in a looonnnnggg time. So here goes, with nothing else to do, if you don't count house keeping and laundry and dinner and all that other mommy crap:)



null
{1} What are your Top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
Keep music off your blog. Add some variety as opposed to sticking with just recipes or crafts. Stay true to yourself! As long as what you are doing is all about you, then your blog will be a place you want to go everyday.

{2} What book have you read lately that you would recommend?
I am still in the process of reading JayZ's book Decoded. If you are into reading about crack dealing and rhyming, then this book is for you. If you like reading about human struggle, inequality and a tenacious spirit that is driven to succeed when the world tells you that you are worthless, then this book is also for you.

{3} What is a physical feature you have been complimented on?
It's always the hair. Being a red head, a natural one, has old ladies swooning. Like a baby bump, everyone wants to touch.




{4} What color is your toothbrush?
It's white with a blue stripe.

{5} What question would you like to add to a future WWTK?
What would your life be like if you didn't have kids?


So click the button and join the WWTK Wednesday hop. Happy blogging, bloggers!

Jill

2/29/12

*****edited****
on a side note with the blogging thing...why does my comment have to await moderation or approval? THAT is annoying.

37 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is my dumb ass seeing if I had word verification! I have turned it off. Or I think I did. If there's a problem with it let me know!
      Ty!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you on #1 - your blog should be a place you want to be every day, so keep it true to you!

    You have a lovely shade of red hair, I can see why people compliment it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill:) Like your blog. I wound up there somehow, either via email or via some social network. I joined the WWTK because of you. Haven't hit that up in so long:)

      Delete
    2. Twitter! You followed me on twitter. I followed you back too:)

      Delete
  3. Great tips, I agree. Be true to yourself is excellent!! Love your red hair too! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips I am so with you on the music thing I hate that. I can never switch it off lol
    Im a new follower from the blog hop
    If you have time please come visit me in the uk
    www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips. And definitely being true to yourself is number 1. LOVE your hair color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you mentioned the music! I can't stand when I hear something and then I can't find it to turn it off!
    Great question! There are TONS i'd be doing if I didn't have kids! I'd have a nice car that's fo sho!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say if I didn't have kids, I'd just be somewhere making one...
      TY for dropping by!

      Delete
  7. Love the comment about being true to yourself! I would like to say I try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooooo, no comment nazi on your blog!!! I wish I was a natual red head....instead I am forced to dye! LOL Luckily, I do have natural red highlights, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only dyed my hair once and it was black and horrible. Hard lesson learned that day.
      And no comment nazi:) Yay

      Delete
  9. I like what you said about your blog. Just make it you! So simple, yet so many people don't get that!

    Jay-Z's book sounds good. That may have to go on my list.

    Haaa I am cracking up about your comparison of your hair & a baby bump. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myya, thanks for stopping by and commenting:)

      Delete
  10. Jill I could nt agree with you more.. do not like music on blogs, reminds me of MySpace.. LOL! As far as the comment approval thing... I did agree, until an ugly person left something very hateful on my comments... it was so ugly that my husband insisted that it would be a good idea to approve them first. Blessings to you and your girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just too rude. Why anyone would waste their time making nasty comments when they could just leave the screen? Your blog is always very....soul searching. You seem like you know yourself:)

      Delete
  11. I will occasionally post music on my blog but it is usually just one song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think music bothers me because I usually have music or tv or other background noise that I am already listening to.

      Delete
  12. i have music but you have to turn it on if you wanna hear it.

    ohhh good question. if i didn't have kids i'd probably be sad, and wishing i had some. hopefully i'd also look fabulous and drive a nicer car.

    thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK about a nicer car here, but at least the interior would be spotless!
      You're welcome:)

      Delete
  13. Stopping by from Mamarazzi!

    yes people that have music automatically play drive me nuts!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you on the 'no music' advice! I hate visiting a blog and being bombarded by their music. Especially since I'm usually listening to my own music. I always get the hell out of there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if I'm doing a hop I may open more than one page in the browser. And I can't find which page it's coming from!
      Thanks for dropping in:)

      Delete
  15. I enjoyed reading this. And to answer your last question, it's cos there are a lot of bot spammers. I actually require approval if you're a first time commenter on my blog (to weed out spammers) but after that, you're free to post a comment immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea.
      I didn't know you could do that.

      Delete
  16. Great tips! Oh, I can see why your hair gets the attention, it is beautiful. Life without kids,less stressful but even when they grow up and leave there is still some worrying.
    For my blog, the Await Moderation is for first time commenters, to make sure they are not spam or inappropriate comments. Now, sometimes a blogger that I have approved needs re-approved if they don't comment in a long while or if they put a link in their comment (that makes the program think spam). See, being true to myself can irritate some people and their comments can get nasty, I don't mind a different opinion but mean and name calling on my own blog is not gonna happen LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty for your compliment and ty for dropping by!

      Delete
  17. I love the music tip. My computer is getting on in years, and gets pretty angry with me when I ask it to load pages with music LOL And I never knew Jay-Z had a book, sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a better read than I thought. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  18. great question. excellent tips. the book does not sound like the book for me..lol. love what you said about being a red head and old ladies, true and funny!!

    i grabbed your question and i will add it to a future WWTK post. welcome back, you were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for taking my Q.
    Have a good day:)

    ReplyDelete