" It doesn't matter where you are, there is always someone listening to your conversation. "
That is an insomniasm right there.
That was my Face Book status update this morning around 1100am. I think it's true. There are times that I zone out the rest of this pitiful world, block all of its noise, including conversations.
Then there are days I sit and absorb the mental disorganization around me. What you think is a private cell conversation or a chit chat between girlfriends, is fodder for my ears. I eavesdrop as often as I people watch.
I hear the grandparents' conversation at Mc Donald's.
"Her husband is sleeping with the neighbor."
"Should we start taking geritol? I think we should start taking geritol."
Oh, for fuck's sake! I just wanna read the XXL magazine with Tupac on the cover. It is the 15th anniversary of his death, but momom and popop got my ears perked up. How these 2 flow from their daughter's hubs banging the neighbor who's 10 years younger to geritol is beyond me. I think popop didn't wanna listen to that. But I do dammit.
Then there's dad with young Steven who is all of 3-4 years old. Steven wants to sit at the counter and look at all the sports memorabilia while he eats his mc muffin, but dad shoots that idea right out of his head. "No, Steven. No, Steven. No, Steven."If he said it once, he said it 10 times. Christ, dad, raise your voice after the 3rd 'no'.
I pulled into the parking lot at school and I sit next to this chick that I swear I have never seen before. She recently broke up with JT's dad and now little JT has suddenly developed what the shrink terms it as attention deficit disorder. All JT talks about is wanting to "rip his face off' and he's so 'unhappy' and he 'isn't respectful to anyone anymore'. Yeah, bitch, it's ADD alright. It's theADD that makes him wanna rip his face off. She's sitting there in her car gabbing to the secretary at some doc's office taking down the number to the crisis intervention if JT should decide to try to 'rip his face off'. Her friend pulls up and she's trying to confide and look for some level of reassurance from this shallow pathetic bitch that all she wants to do is talk about the lack of parking for all us moms who pick up the next generation of unemployed. Seriously, what type of friend is that and why would you advertise your son's newly developed mental illness in the school parking lot with bitches as shallow and unsympathetic as that?
Damn straight I asked my daughter if this little psychopath in the making was in her class. And he's not. I know what's wrong with little JT. He wants his fucking father back. Eh, duh.
I hear it all. I hear the gossip and the backbiting from people that are nice to your face then once you walk away, you are the talk among them. I have been the talk and I have done the talk. I think we are all guilty of that.
When you think you are whispering, you really aren't.
SOM
9/1/11


LMAO...that's funny! Nice post. I people watch sometimes too, and I can't help but over hear the conversations of others. Nothing is really private any more. You hear people breaking up with their boyfriends in the grocery store line etc...
ReplyDeleteAlison Charles
www.virginias-transcription.com
It's true! Easy to say something then regret it later, than actually think about what you're saying in the first place.
ReplyDeleteFound you through the Weekend Blog hop till you drop.
Have a great weekend.