
There is an idiot in every fucking office right?
There was one cunt idiot that used to work where I work.
(Idiot naturally, cunt for personal reasons, mmkay?)
Anyways, this dumb ass put her resume on word at work and made an icon for it so she could print it out if/when she wanted to fill out a job app.
She listed her job history and all her phenomenal nursing achievements. It was funny shit because she typed that she had a bachelorette in nursing instead of a bachelor's degree.
Since that day that we all read her resume and laughed our asses off, we have deemed any RN with a bachelor's degree a "bachelorette".
One of my fellow co-workers who has been going to school forever to become a RN, has finally started the program for her associate's degree. She will transition from LPN to RN. I have an associate's degree. It's not here hanging up anywhere. In fact, it remains in the school office with my records. The license is the important part not that useless piece of paper printed as proof of course completion. So...an associate degree is slowly becoming a thing of the past because any job nowadays wants a bachelorette. If you plan on working as a RN, a bachelor's really is the way to go. Associates was easier and took less time, but in the end a 4 year degree is the better choice. Most ASS RN's transition to bachelor's. I have not.
I never enjoyed school from day one as a youngster dating back to catholic school uniforms and nuns that dressed like old school nuns. I was never a good student. I wasted a lot of time goofing off, never opened a book, but still managed a B average. It wasn't until college that I realized I should have at least tried to learn something during my formative years.
I aced college courses and it wasn't easy. It was a lot of hard work.
My RN to be friend is trying to talk me into a bachelorette degree. Wants me to go to college with her to get my very own bachelorette when she goes in 2012. I have thought about it several times over the years and always said that I would return to school when the kids went full time, but I never wanted to continue with nursing, and really at almost 40 years old do I wanna start fresh and new and green as a brand new grad going into a brand new field? And do I really care enough about nursing to want to continue with that and just when I start thinking about continuing my nursing education, something happens that makes me hate the field with a passion.
You see, it's not that I can't. It's not that I am not smart enough. It's not that I am not a good, solid, common sense nurse that doesn't give a fuck, it's the BULL SHIT.
Any job I have ever had from the beginning in the medical field has always had some level of bull shit. The truth in nursing and what is represented in nursing are 2 very different things.
I refrain from discussing the truths.
And I refuse to represent the false.
It doesn't make sense unless your are 15 years in. Next month 16 years in.
It is not a job, it is not a career, it is a lifestyle and an attitude.
I have thought about it more and more as each weekend passes because RN to be mentions it every single weekend.
Do I want student loans? Fuck, I can't pay off my credit card.
When I went to college my job paid for my education, so those exorbitant loans that people defer on a regular basis...I don't have any. My education, minus the books that mom paid for, was free of charge.
Do I really want to open those books again? Devote hours upon hours to study...again?
It would entail 2 semesters to transition from RNADN to RNBSNand I wouldn't have to take that state test again. I think that would be the only up side.
A lot of questions I need to ask myself and then if I wanted to return a lot of questions on how to even begin my journey back to being a student nurse.
It would be hella difficult to transition from fucking supervisor to student again.
When you have run the show in 2 different places and know the responsibility and how to and you have your own way of doing things, then going back to by the book for school purposes...IDK...
I'm a new follower from voiceBoks. Hope you can stop by www.mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete