Saturday, August 06, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9 Link

1. Have you ever lost a lover and spent way too much time wondering what they were doing?
____Recently I was dumbfounded by just this issue. I have always been a bit on the stalkerish side, driving by the house or obsessing over what's he doing with who. But thanks to Face Book , we now have 24/7 access to everything EX. Love it.

2. What was your favorite vacation ever? 

____I always will say the beach. Ocean City, Md, anytime we have gone, has been a blast. The people watching, the boardwalk fries lathered with vinegar, the rides, the summer souvenir trinkets, boogie boarding, demolishing a dozen crabs. It's the best.

3. Do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds? Or are you one of those people who absolutely has to know what's going on before it happens? 

_____I like routine. I like knowing what's gonna happen when. Anything surprise-like throws a cog in my wheel of life and I don't like it!

4. Have you ever written a poem? Feel free to share one. Or even a dirty limerick is OK.

_____When I was in high school  and a couple years beyond it, I used to write all the time. I loved it. Then came the real job, the kids and the notebooks went by the wayside. Now that they are older though, I can reach into my creativity pit in my brain and start up again. 

(A day late and 400$ short)
(lol I got a new hot water heater. Is that practicing self kindness?)
Being nice to myself or anyone is a challenge.
It is difficult to find nice things to say.
I totally stole this, but I thought it suited the day 2 challenge nicely.
"Trust Yourself.
Think for yourself.
Act yourself.
Speak for yourself.
Be Yourself."
Yes, I can. Yes' I will. Yes, I have.
I know when to give and when not to give in.
I will mind my own business.
I will not help unless I am asked to help.
I will not solve other people's problems.
I will be responsible for myself and my children.
I will practice positive thinking and think positive thoughts.
I will stand up for myself when I am wronged.
I will speak. I will not yell.
I will encourage. I will not persecute.
I will assist. I will not solve.
I forgive myself for my mistakes. I will forgive others their trespasses.
I resolve to live my own life.
Like Obama says, it's time for a change.

5. Did anything interesting show up in your mail lately besides the bills? 

_____There's something other than bills? I get my Rolling Stone and Oprah mags in the mail:)

6. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? Family members don't count.
_____10 years, about 4, but we have gone from friends to acquaintances.
 

7. Do you own a pet? If so, do you buy them presents for holidays? Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled? If you don't own one, do you think you will one day?
_____I have 2 male and 2 female beta fish, a chihuahua and a mini pinscher, and a hermit crab that may or may not still be alive in his crab hut. The dogs get stockings at XMAS.


8. It's Friday afternoon and you're planning your weekend. What's on your agenda on a hot August night? 

_____I work every weekend, so I make no weekend plans ever.

9. What's your worst nervous habit? Picking at scabs, fingernail biting.


Click the link above for Saturday 9 and join up:)


SOM 8/6/11

1 comment:

  1. We like Ocean City MD when we go to the shore, too! I love walking that boardwalk and people watching! :)

    ReplyDelete