Friday, August 05, 2011

There will be blood, dolphins,and other fun stuff at Ocean City!


Ocean City Maryland August 2011 Does the car move faster than the van? I think we left at just the right time, had no delays and hit no traffic for once. It was a Tuesday, go figure. We left with a couple goals in mind-boogie boarding in the ocean and eating a bunch of crabs. Anything else was extra.

We stayed at the Executive Motel on 30th
Street Coastal Highway. There were no parking spots in front of our motel. I am one of those people who likes to look through the room window and see her car. It turned out that thankfully this was not possible. We unloaded our stuff and I moved the stang around back of the motel to the parking lot which faces Coastal Highway. Something told me to leave it there and that's what I did.

Boogie boards and san
d toys, a bag of towels and bodies sprayed to the max with sunscreen we hit the beach. It was beautiful and the water warm. We floated on our boogie boards, we got thrashed by a couple harsh waves, and we tried like hell to keep the ocean current from pulling our bathing suits off! I have said it before and I will say it again, I love Ocean City Maryland. Closer in proximity to Jersey beaches, but OC has my heart and the kids' hearts.

We killed a dozen crabs Tuesday and Wednesday nights. See the before and after!


We hit the rides on the board walk and the pool.
We shopped, brought home fudge. I love fudge and it's a tradition to bring some home. I got chocolate, chocolate/walnut, chocolate/pecan. I am taking it to work to share this weekend with my friends.

I hate to leave the place each time we go. If I could live there I would. And I plan on it once I win the mega-millions or the power ball or both.

One of the reasons I like Ocean City is bec
ause it's safe there. I have never seen any skirmishes among anyone. That changed on Thursday morning. 330am I woke up to the loudest banging noise. I am a hard sleeper. It takes a lot to wake me up. And this noise did. Several loud bangs and it was something hitting the railing on the floor above us. Now, I don't investigate railings at 330 in the morning, and if it hadn't been raining I would have gone outside and had a cigarette, but I wasn't going out in the rain and we had to be up in a few hours to leave, so I waited a couple minutes for the banging to stop and went back to sleep.

746am I am roused from my sleep by the phone, a text message saying he loves me and he'll see us when we get home. Yay, usuall
y that wouldn't get me out of bed, but I had to pack, needed a cigarette and when I went outside I saw the motel manager and his manager and a crowd sitting in their outside chairs, watching...watching what? I paid them no mind till I saw Ocean City's finest and most unhappy officers strolling through the lot and heading upstairs, so I ask, "What's going on?"

The 330am noise was a fight between 2 guys.
(Blood on the windshield of the Nissan.)

The railing noise was the guy's body being slammed into it. There was blood It st
ained the 2nd floor walkway and had dripped over the side and onto the Nissan below. Blood splattered on the side of that Nissan. It splattered down the walkway to the stairway and down the stairway to the landing and around the back of the building to the parking lot. The cops were snapping pics of the blood on the cars below this walkway and the steps and the car around back. And boy were they pissed. God only knows what the room looked like. And now I wished I had gotten up and gone out for that cigarette. Thinking back, hindsight is 20/20 and I could have done what? At least called 911. Yelled stop or gone to the office. I wasn't the only one to hear it either. A handful, including the room next door heard the commotion and did nothing. All that fucking blood, all the people that heard it and NO ONE did anything. That bothers me. I don't like not doing anything. I heard no people, no yelling, no thrashing and didn't believe there was anything other than railing noise. I didn't know there was a face and a body being slammed into that railing. Others did and that sucks big time.

I packed us up while the crime scene was being investigated. I asked no more questions of what went on and let the blood
trail tell the sad story. My son asked me what they were fighting over and I don't know. I figure it was either a chick or money. What else do men fight over like that?

Now, this was why I was thrilled I followe
d my gut instinct to leave my mustang parked around the other side of the building. It missed the blood splatter.

On a high note, we saw DOLPHINS!!!!

SOM 8/5/11

No comments:

Post a Comment