Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hey, Hey it's another shitty Saturday

Good morning and hello to everyone.
Thanks to those of you that stopped by yesterday and said hello.
It was nice to have visitors.

I found some great new blogs to follow yesterday as well. There are a lot of great ladies out there with very unique thoughts and views.

Another shitty Saturday...it's bright and early and I am wide awake. I got sleep yesterday from 11am-5pm. I was up maybe 3 hours before I fell asleep again. I set my alarm and it did go off at 945pm, but instead of hitting the snooze, I turned it off. I was 20 minutes late for work. I am officially an honorary member of the night shift, showing up late and all. I bitched through out hell month that no nurse shows up on time and then I go and show up 20 minutes late. Go figure.

This morning I went on Barnes and Noble dot com to spend my gift card I received from my work crew for my birthday. It is a 25$ gift card. I love me some books. I don't read any specific genre, just what makes me smile when I read the book description. First I had trouble finding a book that I wanted. I am usually a browser in an aisle of books (although they seem to be smaller and smaller aisles nowadays). There's thousands on a web site.

Problem #1-free shipping for book orders 25$ or more. Sounds great right? Unless the books you choose happen to NOT fall into the acceptable books for that deal.

Fine. There is a B&N coupon advertised at the top right hand corner of the screen for 15% off any one item. Thus,

Problem #2-the books I chose didn't qualify for the 15% off either.

I gave up, but left the book that I really wanted in my shopping bag. I will go back later and I will order that book. Or maybe I will just drive to the store and browse. But browsing for me in a book store is dangerous. I am actually mourning the shut down of my fave book store-Borders.

There are no mom and pop bookstores anymore. The big chains are shutting down, which leaves me with what??? Amazon.

SOM 7/23/11

No comments:

Post a Comment