Sunday, July 24, 2011
"A deep man believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal and that love can overcome all odds."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am not usually a quote lover, but every once in awhile I will find a special one that makes me go hmm. That quote so seems to 'fit' me right now. I received a daily meditation email from a recovery web site. They send one daily and I read them even though I am in no way recovering from any addiction.
Currently I specialize in giving the evil eye. My heart's blessings ran out years ago and don't we all really want to believe that love can overcome any challenge that life throws our way? I really want to. I believed a long time ago that it may be true, but it's bull shit. Plain old bull shit.
The only love that can overcome all odds is the love we have for ourselves. If we love ourselves, then we are capable of being loved by others. The right people not the wrong people.
SOM 7/24/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment