






Meximac is located at 2033 McDade Blvd in Holmes, Pa. It is a pizzeria that specializes in authentic Mexican food.I live near the Meximac. I am totally unfamiliar with that food category other than the Taco Bell cheesy gordita crunch commercials.I see the sign outside the place on a regular basis and the advertised entree intrigued me-Chipoltle Tuna Salad. At first this appealed to me as much as eating ass. I mean, who puts chipoltle BBQ sauce in tuna fish salad?! I was confused, but the more I saw the sign the more I thought "I wanna try that!" Just for the experience if for nothing else!
I went to the Meximac for lunch one afternoon. Decorated colorfully in yellow and orange with sombreros hanging on the wall, it had been recently remodeled. The counter help assisted me with my order : taco combo and a chiplotle tuna fish salad dish. I went to my seat and the lady brought me a surprise. There before me on the dish was a salad. A toastada with warm bean spread, tuna salad topped with lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. Not a chipoltle in sight and no BBQ sauce! Prior to my dining experience I googled 'chipoltle' and the resulting definition is a dried out jalapeno. I wound up putting jalapeno dressing on it for a little kick. I have eaten several of their other dishes. The burrito, the taco, the mashed bean and the rice. I was always impressed because it is mouth watering and it is home made by 100% real Mexican people. My date for the occasion ordered the pork taco combo. His usual and the man remembered him and remembered what the usual was. The staff is friendly and what I would describe as humble. A dash of Mexico in just south of Philly.
SOM 4/29/11
sounds so yummy i wish we had good mexican places up her i guess i will just have to start one myself
ReplyDelete