The Rally for Life car show took place at the local high school down the street just a few minutes walk from my home. I was happy that it took place on this weekend because I don't have to work and I usually miss the show because I am asleep bright and early on a Saturday morning when the normal people are awake. Night shift has a way of doing that to a person.We showed up at 10am and there were plenty of cars to ooh and aah over. And drool over. I am partial to muscle cars and there was a SWEET 1971 Mach Mustang. Everyone has their favorite. I chose this sweet little darling cause I am a mustang owner. There were antique model cars and newer cars like camaros and mustangs and my own orange baby was sweeter than a few of them.The event took place on a breezy morning. There were activities for the kids, a coloring contest ( my 2 kiddos and my niece took the prizes by the way!). There was food. Because it was a morning event they had breakfast sandwiches as well. There were also flowers for sale. And the kids got to pick their favorite car, called the kids' choice award. All three of the kids had different faves. Zack's was the orange doon buggy, Pam's was the pink and white bel air and Zoe's was the chevy nova with the flames on it. I should have taken money with me because one of those breakfast sandwiches sounded good when I was there and I should have donated to the cause. I didn't feel like carrying a purse and only took the phone and my cigarettes.
One of the most intriguing and popular was the PT Cruiser tribute car. The detail on it was awesome to say the least.
The people that donated the gear-like trophies, which are pictured and are lime green, got to choose the 1st and 2nd place winners. We left before the winners were announced as we had seen all the cars that were there. We don't even know who won. I like it that way, because we all have our favorites and I'd like to think that the driver of the 1971 Mustang is driving home with a big smile on her face.
SOM 4/30/11














































cool pics awesome review that is cool that all three kids won somthing
ReplyDeleteHubby loves car shows-he has a 1972 Lincoln-we named her Opal : D Great idea too for the awards. Car show season is just starting here in Ohio -thanks for your fun post : D
ReplyDeleteWynnieBee.com
These are some really nice pics of old school cars. I'm such a car lover especially the classics. I want to get me a 1971 Chevy Chevelle with the racing stripes lol! Great post :)
ReplyDelete