Thursday, April 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen's Torpedo of Truth Tour. 4/16/11@ the Etess Arena








To NJ was a harrowing experience. The Google directions fell apart upon entering Atlantic City. This isn’t a shore/beach town it is a CITY! With jitneys and cabs and buses and cars and throngs of people! Trump towers and the Taj Mahal are two different places. I learned this cause I was in the wrong place 15 city blocks away! It poured rain to and from AC. Tsunami like sheets of water unlike any rain I’d seen before. I wish I had a boat instead of a mustang! It was such a water world I expected to see Kevin Costner instead of Charlie! Anyway, if AC is on the ocean I never saw it. All the water was on the ride and the last thing I was doing was walking the boardwalk.
I walked into the huge place unlike I had ever seen before. Flashy and big as the Donald’s hair, it towered over me. I peed then hit the penny slots where I lost 10$. I then moved on cause I wasn’t making myself rich playing the penny slots. I hit the quarter machine and lost 30$ on top of my 10$. I was thrilled that I could smoke on the casino floor, but honestly the place stunk like smoke and was uglied up by ashes and cigarette butts. And I haven’t been allowed to smoke inside any facility in so long I felt weird lighting up. But I still did.
Charlie was supposed to start at 8pm. He was 45 minutes late. Are crackheads ever on time? So I texted and fooled around and me and my seat mates looked at my program. The program cost 20$ and is all pics and quotes of Charlie.I was up high in the Etess Arena . Row P on bleacher like seating way in the back and this lovely lady employee came up to the group of us nosebleeders and gave us floor seats! We exchanged our nosebleeders for floor tix and walked to the floor! I was close enough to see, but not be touching! Very cool!
So Charlie finally shows up. It was more than what I expected. Funny and slow at points cause there is no set show. It’s like a goofy addict matrix. You don’t know what it is until you experience it. He kinda rambles and the venue is small enough that the crowd throws out comments and he replies and it takes him in a whole different direction. One of his goddesses left him and went home, Brie, like the cheese. Nat was still there. She was introduced and came onto the stage and threw tee shirts and bags into the crowd.
He wants his job back on 2 1/2 Men. He’s almost ready to give a half hearted apology with his fingers crossed behind his back so he doesn’t really have to mean it.
And then the comedian came out. Jeff Ross. He helped pull everything back together and put it into a more formatted “show”. That motherfucker is funny and mini roasted Charlie!
I left to meet up with the thunderstorm. And coastal thunderstorms are always scarier and more forboding than inland ones. So I got in my car and got lost going home. So far outta the way I didn’t know where the hell I was. I know I went over a draw bridge, spoke to a asian lady for directions and almost threw in the towel and got a room till morning. But I trudged on toward the expressway and got home easily especially once I hit Philly and the Walt Whitman bridge cause by midnight there was no traffic in the city.
And I’m home with my dogs and I am taking me and my DD’s to bed with ghost adventure reruns.
SOM 4/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment