Friday, June 06, 2014

projected projects to keep me busy

Yesterday I threw together this little ditty. I call it the 'sideways planter' and I wasn't real sure how much I like this in the end. It has grown on me though and I think once the plants I bought at the Kmart fill in the pots, I'll like it more. In addition to this little planter, I also made another less extravagant one and planted some flower seeds that I had laying around the house. Earlier in the spring I was more focused on the actual garden than I was the flower end of things. I'm not one for flowers anyway. Having a whole bunch of them around is not on my priority list.

Next week I have a new raised bed that I'm going to fill in. It's going to be my 'pumpkin patch'. I planted a bunch of pumpkin seeds and small gourd seeds in a flat container and now they are ready to be transplanted into their  new 'home'.

That's what it looks like now. I have some pulling of weed and some leveling to do before I add the dirt. I have a couple bags, but will need a shit load more to properly plant. Either way I cannot wait to get started. I didn't feel like doing it today after having planted so much yesterday. Monday morning I'll make a Home Depot run and buy some dirt. The kids have a half day of school and I'll have to do something to keep myself awake before I pick them up at noon.

I also have another side project that I plan on doing. Here's the before...
I have had this wooden pallet sitting in the back yard for at least a year and I saw a pic on line, maybe pinterest or some site on sale?

So it won't wind up looking exactly the same. Once I figure out if I want to paint it a color or stain it I'll get to work.

So they're my projects...Jill 6/6/14

1 comment: