Thursday, June 14, 2012

School's out for summer day number 2

Really both lifestyles have their
positives and negatives.
Thank God for internet.

***

School's out for summer. Day number 2.
I awoke at noon. No fights today unless I slept through it.
I come downstairs to trash in the trashcan on top of a tied up bag.
I tied up this bag so the dog would not get into and spread my trash around the downstairs.
That dog's good for it and it's a pain in my ass.
At least the kids put the trash in the trash can and half of it is recycling.
They will never live on their own unless they are orphaned or
some swift kick in the ass occurs.
So more cherry pits on the floor, they still feel like rocks beneath the feet.
And cherry juice looks like blood trail on the linoleum.
It leads me to believe there was a bleeder til I walk on cherry pits.

I clean this up, put the dishes away, and go to Wawa for my morning coffee.
The girls tag along and add money onto the bill. Soda and popsicles.
It's 330pm now and what's for dinner?
I am tempted to say sandwiches.

The boy has his friend over the house today. She stopped by a few hours ago.
This friend, I have looked at her from kindergarden.
She's all boy. Looks like a boy, rough and tumble like a boy,
and may actually be one of those girls that on the inside feels she should have been born
a boy.
She wears boys' clothes, sits like a boy, even sounds like a boy.
I see her as a kid, though.
Sweet, funny and very well rounded from her hightops to her long,
wavy brown hair.
I have questions, but I don't know her well enough yet to ask her yet about
her whole style.
Is she gay? Does she know yet? Or is 11 too young?
The girls and I have discussed this.
I haven't asked the boy about
her yet.
Other than what she wears when they go swimming.
Is there a bathing suit
under there with butterflies and sparkles like my girls would
wear?
Nope, a wife beater and her shorts.
I think she's more boy than my very own boy and her influence on him
is, well, good.
She's a cool kid.
I wonder what her parents think?

On the flipside of this, if she were mine, I wonder if I'd be that kind of
open and encouraging mom?
Would I be able to say yep, that's my girl?
Probably, yes. I want to think that I'd be able to.
Part of me would want to girl her up a bit.
Life, we take what we are given.

Jill
6/14/12



No comments:

Post a Comment