Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The first day of summer

Hasn't ended yet, but it has begun. Let me say first off that I slept til noon. I am clapping:)
I was woken up at 830am by the 11 year old who told me there was a family of centipedes living in the kitchen and he was tired of killing them and on top of that they were faster than he is and he couldn't catch some. Centipedes, no sight of them at noon time. Good for me.
Then they tell me that there is a dead rat in the back yard by the playhouse, which has morphed into a shed. A rat? They have to be wrong about that, so around 130pm after my morning coffee was imbibed, I took a look at this rat.
That's not quite a rat, rather it is a dead baby possum. The flies are having a field day on him. I placed a bucket over the other white meat, too dead for supper obviously, and placed a brick on top of that bucket. No, he's not going to make a break for it, but I was advised by the Rican who will deal with this later, to keep the dogs away from it. Nope, we don't want Dave the Dog using it as a chew toy and Bella Swan The Dog I Stole won't even think of it. Yuck.

I have broken up one fight amongst the natives already. 11 on 7 is not a fair fight so that's why I dragged my fat ass out of bed. I gave the boy my standard, "I won't be putting up with this all summer!" and I dragged him out of the girl's room. I come down stairs to blueberries on the floor because the boy was 'pinging them' at the girl. The dogs have no interest in cleaning up blueberries. The cherry pits, too, they feel like stones under bare feet.

I started laundry,have to wash the bed linen. Looks like a massacre took place there what with the monthly onslaught of womanhood, and then I shot a few games of pool with the girls.

Day one of summer. The only reason we aren't at the beach is because yahoo weather said it was gonna rain. Boo!

Jill
6/13/12

No comments:

Post a Comment