
I had a fabulous day and I usually don't. The reason I had a fabulous day is to the left in that fishbowl sized goblet. It's called Red Apple Sangria (RAS) and it can be found on the Applebee's drink menu, which is 4 - 5 pages of tasty delight. I'm sure there are better and tastier drinks on that menu, but I chose the RAS because it was low in alcohol and we could still drink and drive on it. Ok, I know that sounds so wrong.
Blondie called me this morning and asked if I wanted to go to lunch. So I said yes. Applebee's sounded delicious and since we were both childless till at least 3pm, I agreed to grab her around 1245.
We were seated by the hostess and Jillian was our waitress. The reason I even remember her name is because mine is Jill. She looked like JWoww before her breasts were inflated. She sounded like her too. Ro and I took a peep at her and swore she GTL'd on her off hours. She was reminiscent of a pole dancer, only a little hard in the face. Ro ordered the RAS because it looked nice on the menu. It leapt out at us. So JWoww junior brings this fishbowl of cabernet spiked juice to the table, plops it down in front of us and I say something along the lines of, "ooohhh, that looks good!" To which JWoww gives me her sales pitch. The pitch included a "shot glass of cabernet and red apple flavored juice". Ro and I both mentioned driving and she states, "Oh, you should be able to have one or even two and still be able to drive. With all that ice, the alcohol content is really low." Ro says, "Well get one!" So I agree.
I haven't had a drink since August. I generally have a low tolerance for alcohol. Two beers and I morph into a horned out embarrassment with mega-balls. The fishbowl of my very own arrives and I drink this over the course of my full rack of sweet n' spicy ribs and fries. The cabernet soaks into the tongue and the oral mucous membranes. I can still taste its liquid memory eight hours later. By meal's end I was all a giggle. Ro and I doubted a shot's worth of cabernet was in there. And the red apple juice must have been a liqueur. I felt fabulous! I would highly recommend this drink to anyone with taste buds.
As for the 'you can drink and drive' with one or even two was deceptive. I was a survivor on one, but if I had dared had another I would have been walking home or on public transportation. This drink set my afternoon right though. I see why the wine drinkers of facebook land boast about its heavenly side effects.
This is why I don't drink. One was not enough. Between lunch and the kids getting out of school, I felt the pull to go get some wine. I felt good, not drunk. I felt better than usual. It elevated my mood and lightened my spirit. I. WANTED. MORE. Being that it was still on my tongue I had to hold myself back from drinking more. As it wore off I was thinking about a bottle of it and another glass-or fishbowl-full of it. Hell, I could even throw some fruit in like the bartender at Applebee's did. I could do this everyday. I could drink this in the morning instead of my coffee. I could drink...then I thought about what I was thinking through my cabernet colored glasses and thought about the fucked up, passing out, bottle hiding problem I would eventually become. The genetics in me wanted more. The woman and mom in me said no.
Jill
3/8/12
Well I'm glad your mom part won out, I understa Though sometimes we just need a little fun!Now tell me where that picture comes from!
ReplyDeleteSorry forgot to ask where is your button? and I love the way your blog looks!
ReplyDeleteThe drink pic comes from Applebee's via my cell phone and I don't have a button cause I don't know how to make on and no one has ever asked me for one.
DeleteYay Mom!! I know the feeling. 3 is my absolute limit, no matter what the circumstances are, and I just know that about myself. It feels good to drink, but it feels better to know that you have self-control. Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteTY for dropping by:)
DeleteI visited you. You're on tumblr. Left a comment on your face book page. Pretty baby, too!
DeleteI visited you. You're on tumblr. Left a comment on your face book page. Pretty baby, too!
DeleteI visited you. You're on tumblr. Left a comment on your face book page. Pretty baby, too!
DeleteI visited you. You're on tumblr. Left a comment on your face book page. Pretty baby, too!
DeleteF'ing phone. How'd I write that 4x?
DeleteI love sangria! I should try out the RAS next time I get the chance--thanks for the heads up!
ReplyDeleteAlways fun reading your posts!
Have a great weekend!
Ang
TY. You're too sweet.RAS it's highly recommended.
DeleteNow I want a drink :-)
ReplyDelete