I have carried this pic around with me for a dozen or so years. I remember hanging out with friends as a 22 year old in a hotel room on top of a bar. Half drunk-half high with my bestie and her boyfriend of the week. There it was. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye on the cover of a skin rag. A half nude nurse bent in half with this slutty look on her face. Blond hair all long and porn like just waiting to be pulled. Then on the corner of the mag was that design. I may or may not have been in nursing school at the time. I Left the magazine, but I tore the corner off the front cover.
The cadeusis has been the mascot of the medical field forever. Being young, dumb and still having a fresh and unbiased view of the field I had entered, it was something I immediately saw in ink on one of my body parts. Which body part? I didn't know exactly. The cadeusis represents my profession. The skewed variation of it kinda represents me in that profession. Don't confuse me with a physician, please. I'm a plain old nurse. There's a cadeusis for nursing as well. They're fairly similar to look at.
So Friday I will have my very own version of the cadeusis on my body. It will be crimson, the color of blood. It won't have fangs, rather I'm giving it some dental work and putting either RN or my initials there in place of fangs.
I can't wait to see the finished product!
Jill
3/7/12
The cadeusis has been the mascot of the medical field forever. Being young, dumb and still having a fresh and unbiased view of the field I had entered, it was something I immediately saw in ink on one of my body parts. Which body part? I didn't know exactly. The cadeusis represents my profession. The skewed variation of it kinda represents me in that profession. Don't confuse me with a physician, please. I'm a plain old nurse. There's a cadeusis for nursing as well. They're fairly similar to look at.
So Friday I will have my very own version of the cadeusis on my body. It will be crimson, the color of blood. It won't have fangs, rather I'm giving it some dental work and putting either RN or my initials there in place of fangs.
I can't wait to see the finished product!
Jill
3/7/12

Excellent design for a tat. When you have it done, please post a pic!! Oh, and never call yourself a "plain old nurse." As you know, nurses are the ones who keep the medical wheel turning, doing most of the dirty, tough work and taking care of the patients. Nothing plain or old about that.
ReplyDelete