Blond mop top, a head of hair that needs a cuttin’, hiding his crystal clear baby blues. Clad in a school uniform, he sits in the front seat of his mom’s car. All 11 years of him, opinions and attitude and a brain. A big, giant, fat brain. According to the recent scores, a freaking honor student too. He’s just trying to get home in one piece from school to play Modern Warfare 3 on the x box and talk shit on his friends’ skills or lack thereof. Waiting…waiting…the light turns green. Mom’s car turns the corner, accelerates, brakes slam,children lurch frontwards and then back as mom’s car is cut off by another car pulling out of a parking lot. The brain shoots up his middle finger at the woman who has stopped her car from hitting mom’s.
“Boy, what the fuck are you doing?!” Mom yells, swatting that hand down from the windshield.
He’s as vulgar as his mother.
Jill
3/6/12
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week we are using
Tales From the Rhoen's suggestion. We want between 33 and 333 words from (and including) the third definition of the word:
1: generally used, applied, or accepted
2: vernacular
3 a : of or relating to the common people : plebeian
b : generally current : public
c : of the usual, typical, or ordinary kind
Good luck!
This week's word is
vulgar.
Please visit
http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/ and enter:)
Hi Insomnia, our linking service requires that your post link back to www.trifectawritingchallenge.com. If you throw that link in there somewhere, it will let you link it.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Great, thanks for replying so fast:)
DeleteHA! My brilliant son has inherited my potty mouth too. A fun piece.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny. I never knew how good my mom was at swearing till I was fully grown. I had been practicing the art for a solid 10 years by then, just not in front of her. Apple, tree. =)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up (successfully!) to this week's challenge. I really liked this piece, because it ended up in a place much different from where I saw it heading. As soon as the brakes squealed, I was bracing myself for one of those dead-kid stories. (I wrote one myself last week.) But the middle finger was a nice departure from the expected. Clever. Hope to see you back for the weekend challenge.
ReplyDeleteI loved the use of my favorite word. Middle fingers and F-bombs appease me. Somebody just posted .... I'll facebook share it to you ... a funny that puts me in the mind of this exactly!
ReplyDeleteI have just taught my kids how to use the term appropriately
Love the dialogue and the interior monologue here. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteBig grin!
ReplyDelete