Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Trinkets


The girl and I went to the dollar store yesterday. We only went for hair detangler and a new brush. Conveniently she left them at her dad's and, well, I am not making a return trip to his place for these two items. It doesn't surprise me that he won't hit the dollar store himself and buy her a brush and detangler for his own home. Each week I have to pack these 2 items and clothes, which is fine. Do I get those clothes back? No. I bought them, but I get the comment that they are in the wash.
The dollar store-holla! I found this little chickadee. The 2nd pic he's glowing(or supposed to be glowing). If you shake him a lighted ball inside him starts flashing. He gave me a giggle and for a dollar, he keeps me company next to my lap top.


While we were in Gettysburg I found myself a voo doo doll. His name's Robbie. It's a completely fake trinket with no real powers-or I would not have even messed with it. He hangs near the lap top here in my kitchen. He keeps me company during the day. With chickadee.  The other doll is my daughter's. She wants a crush so bad. Yeah, she's only 7 and has many crushes. She wants one of these crushes to crush on her. So, she snagged this little cupid voodoo doll and made a wish on it. She's still waiting on that crush-er. SMDH




Also while in Gettysburg I  found these handmade dollies. I always look for something different than a tee shirt to bring home from a trip somewhere. I love these little dolls hand crafted in the town we visited. 8.99 each. I thought it was a deal. They are sitting on my shelf. Cute aren't they?

Do you have any silly trinkets hanging around?

Jill
2/29/12

No comments:

Post a Comment