Saturday, February 04, 2012

On reaching the end of my rope.

"Reaching The End Of My Rope"
"I think we all have those moments where we feel less than.
Moments we we feel incomplete or lacking.
I have had them and for a long time felt that 'lack' every single day of my life and for several years.
I don't know whether it's a fullfillment thing
or an emptiness thing
or a depression bout,
but eventually we reach the end of our rope and start to either climb back up (like me)
to find a better day or continue to hang on by a thread.
We all reach the end of the rope.
It's a waiting game."
The end of your rope, are you getting closer to it?
Have you reached it and started your climb back up?
Reaching the end of your rope is equivalent to reaching rock bottom for the addicted. The moment when you say enough is enough. The moment when you realize what you have been doing the last however many days, months, years, decades hasn't been the road map to happiness. That realization that things didn't turn out how we planned.
That moment when you realize you were fooling yourself.
That moment when you realize that all your hard work has been for naught, a wild goose chase, a means to an end for someone else.
That moment when you know right from wrong and want to act like it.
That moment where you take your life and your things back.
That moment when you realize you can never fix him...or her...or your kid...that you can only fix one
person and it's you.
I think that if I fix me then everything else will fall into place. I am new at this fixing me and climbing that rope back up to normal is a struggle. I still have bad days, bad moments, bad decisions. Each night when I go to sleep I know that there will be a tomorrow and I'll wake up to live it. I'll try all over again and it'll be on my terms.
It takes time for the climb back up from the end of your rope. It doesn't happen overnight. Some decisions are easy to make, but not easy for others to deal with. My new decisions affect the same people that my old, bad decisions affected. It's also constant self reminders that I will not do that again.
I will not sit on my ass daily and regret what I did or didn't do. It's good to remember that clusterfuck life and then grin because I came through it stronger and vow to myself and my kids that we won't journey back there again.
Hope is probably the operative word. When we lose hope, our visions of what we want and need to be happy and fulfilled blur.Hopefully you will never reach the end of your rope. I hope that you are all happy and life is wine and cheesy and fullfilled and everything of that sort. Keep on going. The problem is when we pretend that our lives are all wine and cheesy and fullfilled and happy.
One thing is for sure though. When you reach the end of your rope and you are hanging on by a thread!
DO NOT LET GO!



Jill
2/4/12

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've been there a couple of times, trying to figure my life out and what I want to do. Good luck with your rope climbing, reach for the top!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thoughts, Jill ~~ The thought of being at the end of one's rope is scary. Hope, hopefully, is an operative word here indeed as without it all is, as they say, 'Gloom, despair, and agony' (I love that old Hee-Haw song):

    "GLOOM, DESPAIR AND AGONY ON ME
    From the TV Show "Hee-Haw" (1969 -1992)

    Buck Owens & Roy Clark


    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me

    We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
    And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
    'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
    How was we to know they meant the way she was built

    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    "
    ..
    BTW, than you for befriending me on NetWorked Blogs. I don't know what all that entails or how to work it very good. One thing it does it to put all my 'Jim's Little Blog' posts on my FaceBook page.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, InSo, I've figured it out. So I'm following you! I hope that's okay. Now to see how this works.
      ..

      Delete
  3. hi,
    i m following ur blog
    plz follow mine
    http://stylishworldblog.blogspot.com/
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wise words. The hardest thing is realising we can't change anyone else, we can only change how we react. We all reach the end of our rope and as you point out you just gotta hang on and not let go.

    Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Self-realisation is difficult, but ultimately worth it.

    I love your blog header. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "When your reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep climbing, honey. It's less painful than letting go and completely falling into the abysmal black hole of despair. It's also easier to climb back up if you avoid the whole. I know, I've been there often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just followed via WBC!

    Nancy @ http://www.thebusymomcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post. thanks for following Kati saves. following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this post! So many good points to take to heart! New WBC follower!
    Loressa
    http:lifescuriouswisdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Thanks for sharing. When you have time come join us at http://www.cyberconnect.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very honest and heartfelt post. If I had a printer this one would go in my mirror so I could see it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! On my 6WS, I talked about letting go, while you talked about holding on if you do reach the end of your rope. ;-) I can definitely relate, as I have felt this way before -- recently in fact... But now? Now I'm getting back up and feeling good about myself. Don't lose hope, don't give up on yourself, but feel free to let go of baggage and other things that serve no purpose other than to weigh you down. Good luck!

    http://domesticrecluse.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete