Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Black Cat Ghost Tour...spoooooky

Ehhh, I’m sitting here in my kitchenette aka my messy spot, and I have my Ghost Radar app up and running on the cell phone. Now who’s to say that this really works? I am on the fence. I will say I have been sitting here mulling over some shit in this head of mine and all of a sudden this app starts spitting words like- we’ve…top…relationship…earn…  So who’s to say? I’m 50/50 here with the app. There is a website that I’ll post when I am finished. A friend of mine named Kira told me there’s an app for that (ghost stuff). So I downloaded it.

I was interested in this app because I was recently in a town as famous for its ghosts as much as its history. Gettysburg, Pa is rich in civil war drama. Ask Abraham Lincoln. Well, maybe we can’t. Well, maybe we can with this app in the right time and the right place. Sadly I don’t see ghost hunters or the ghost adventures crew using the Ghost Radar app when they are hunting downs demons and dead people in sanitariums and the like. I was generally interested in trying it and have had mostly nonsense until we got some interesting hits in Gettysburg. Now 3am is the witching hour. The anti day or something like that according to the Paranormal State crew.
midnight til 330am on 2/20/12-  stand...noted...as...stood...believed...positive...double...hit...military...skill...never...slabs...
find...aid...pond...headed...cattle...brave...minute...fire...key...seat...nice...Kepler...
Deciphering that can be considered easy. Being in Gettysburg, Pa that could be residual of a military action? Who knows?


1030am 2/20/12
Philadelphia...ourselves...indeed...iron...mark...corn...speed...Greece...slept...


The kids and I were talking about going home when this mish mash of words came through. The fact it said Philadelphia caught our attention. We got chills, the girls and I did, when it mentioned our home town. The boy was on line and could have cared less.
I was pretending to be a ghost hunter, walking around our motor lodge  room at 2am talking to the app on the cell phone. I waved that phone over my sleeping kids and the app said ‘tired’. Spooooooky!

Aside from my amateur ghost hunt in room 219, the kids and I ventured out on a ghost walk. We went and bought tix
our reasonably priced tix early for our family friendly guided tour that was slated for 8pm. Reasonably priced being adults 8$ and kids 12 and under 5$. Woo-hoo, it was cheaper than I was expecting. We went back to our motor lodge and hit up the pool with the dad bastards (see previous post) and chilled for a bit. After supper we waited for our tour to begin. A crisp night in Gettysburg to say the least, we were shivering. The kids were not complaining at first because they were anticipating something, anything either frightening or exciting. Their adrenaline was pumping and mine was blah. I didn’t know what to expect and considering I Have already run head to head with a ghost in the past, I figured nothing less than a demon itself could scare me. But that is a whole other post and it happened closer to home; rather, I didn’t have to drive 2 hours to it.


All toll there were 35 souls on the tour and they split us in 2 groups. Ours embarked first onto the quiet streets of the most quiet town in Pa. We first hit up the street corner across from the Jenny Wade house. She explained the history and gave us an interesting historical perspective on the Jenny Wade house. Some spooky goings on, that it is believed haunted by Jenny’s father rather than Jenny. He had been in a hospital during the battle when she died. Trivia for you, she was the only civilian to die during the battle of Gettysburg. I know your panties are wet now that you know this bit of info. So we turned around and she said to snap some pics of the house. Sometimes Jenny’s statue doesn’t like its pic taken and blurs out. Our statue was there clear as day, but we also got something else. ORBS. If you don’t know what an orb is, google it. Simply explained it’s spirit energy maifesting as light. And we didn’t see this til we got back to the motor lodge. Cool, huh.
080

We walked onto the cemetery where she gave us more history, more folk lore, more perspective. Told us about people who had died and a few ghost stories. We took pics there, but nothing manifested.
We walked on to the orphanage and she told us the whole story of the children and the owner and the goings on there. The lady chained the kids in the basement. That was scary and freaky. We took pics there but nothing manifested. I would love to get in that basement though. What fun. The spirit evidently likes to smack and pull hair. Cool beans, huh?
We walked on down the block and across the street and through an alley to the creek. I don’t recall the full story of the creek because by this point the kids were bored and their excitement was dwindling and they were damn cold. The littlest one was asking if we were almost done. So we snapped pics.  And this is what I got with my second shot. More orbs! And what appears to be a slight mist in the right bottom hand corner of the shot. Now, I Know your panties are wet, right? Just kidding.
105
We continued on across the alley and then into the back yard of the ghost shop. We saw a cannon and heard the lore about the cannon. Some guy found it at a yard sale in Virginia, brought it back to Gettysburg and had it refurbished. It will fire too if you put the right stuff inside of it. It’s functional, I should say, as a weapon. The tour finished and we wandered back to our car a little let down, but thrilled that we had that opportunity. We definitely plan on going again and we all have agreed as a group that we want to amp things up a bit and do the next level, the adult ghost tour which takes you inside. Inside what I am not sure. It’ll be a surprise and a whole other post. It’ll be a summer post though most definitely. It was cold outside for our walking tour!


A side note. The morning we were slated to go home and the “evp's” came through the phone app about Philly, I snapped a pic of my daughter running through our hotel room. She had just handed off the cell phone to my niece because it said ‘Philadelphia’. And this is what we saw when we looked at the pic.
121
An orb right above her little head.




For more info on that phone app, Ghost Radar, a free app (and there is one that costs $ too), please visit their website HERE or visit your app market.
For more info on Gettysburg Ghost Tours, please visit their website HERE



Happy hauntings, insomniacs!

Jill

2/22/12

3 comments:

  1. “Cool beans” indeed! How completely cool of you to post about your ghost hunting adventure! I knew I was going to like you, Jill. I mean, your blog’s name is inSOMniasms and you’re climbing up from the end of your rope? Love it! Okay, back to your post. Spooky, but in that oh-so-interesting way. And you know, it’s so rare to run across someone who’s into this stuff. My husband and I went to the UK for our honeymoon and in London we went on the Jack the Ripper Tour. It was awesome (and cold, too!). Anyway, I love your post, your style, and the pics! And I can’t wait for you all to go back and tour the “inside.” Now, I’m going to be looking for orbs in all my pics. Crap. I just got a chill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool thing to do I have always wanted to do. I swear I grew up in houses with ghosts but no one I know now wants to listen to it. LOL This totally sparks my interest again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy!! This is the second creepy thing I have read in a row today and my skin is crawling as I write this. I might just have to download that app for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete