Thursday, January 12, 2012

I could be a MILF (my loosely laid plan)

belief
Some days are better than others. The whole week has been long. I have kept myself busy (cleaning, laundry, fussing over the kids, farming, undecorating and putting the house back to its pre-Christmas appearance. I have taken apart 2 vacuum cleaners, made one work and threw the other out as a lost cause.) My appetite has been under control for the most part. I haven’t felt like a puddle of blob and I am fancying my pounds lost. 11 lbs shed and many more to go, but it’s a start. My uniforms are looser, my jeans fit, and my self esteem has a little boost. Next week I start my regimen of fitness.
1. The ab lounger. Across the street from my house is a junk store full of treasures to be purchased. I hope that when they reopen from their vacay I can still snatch it up and work my abs.
2. The gym. I googled the gym I want to go to. It’s 10 minutes from the house. It’s 50$ down and 10$ a month without a contract. I don’t want a contract. I am not into commitment. That is where my treadmill is.
3. Vital signs. Heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar weekly. Weigh myself weekly on the same scale. I don’t have a scale at home. My scale is on the 2nd floor North at work.
4. Monthly pics to show how the plan is working. I will measure myself and provide the measurements, weights, and pics in a post.
5. I will do a monthly post to pat myself on the back and show off my curves.
6. A food journal to document what I eat, when and what I crave if I crave and where I slip if I slip.

I have a plan in my head. I plan on dropping the kids off at school and shooting right over to the gym for an hour and a half long date with the treadmill. In the evenings for 15-20 minutes I will work my abs. The ab lounger being here will allow me to do some physical activity while I am home. And possibly on the weekends and Mondays. Working 12 hour shifts prohibits gym time and working at night, the gym is the last place I want to go after 12 hours at work.

Why is this important to me? Why now? Why not, right?
On a superficial level…by summer I could rock a sundress and a bathing suit and look good.
On an inner level, I could lower my blood pressure enough to come off my medication (norvasc and HctZ daily). I would be able to breathe better. My blood sugar would be more under control, not that it’s out of control, but I may be able to keep my feet one day. I think the damage is done though.

The number one reason…I could be a MILF…lol

milf

So that is my loosely laid plan.

Jill

1/12/12

14 comments:

  1. Good Luck Jill! Your going to do great. Try and make it fun so you don't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan! You are going to be MILF - riffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. milf-riffic may be attainable. It's about 6 months off.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with that! Hitting the gym is a perfectly good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your blog is a real tour de force, I am so impressed. I love your tone and your mobilizing posts, I REALLYYYY want to know how this amazing diet will work out. I am very interested since I wish to fit in my wedding dress this late summer :). Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. Great sounding plan! I'm doing a challenge with my friends, so I'm on a quest myself. I'm going to follow you to keep myself motivated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! Good luck, I am also on my journey to milf-y-hood :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed so hard at the end of your post, I might consider that my ab workout for the day! Thanks and good luck! Your goals are totally reachable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Michelle. I always aim for a little humor here and there too:)

      Delete