-mom pushing her stroller and carrying her kid. I never understood that.
-cool dad. He took his coat off and froze his balls off to give it to his daughter who had a light coat on.
-carrying 5 year olds to the car. Must be a dad thing.
-I arrived to the school a full one hour and five minutes before the bell rang. I am still in awe of the fact that these people show up an hour early (or more) to get a parking spot. Everyone sitting in their car listening to the radio, playing with their phone, reading. Like it's a lounge. They have done this since my kid started school 5 years ago and continue to do so. Probably pre-dated his going to kindergarden too. I understand the desire for a spot, but please 65 minutes early? 65 minutes early and I grabbed one of the 2 parking spots left.
The reason I was at the school in the first place: to view the rain forest.
I recieved an email on Tuesday from the hater teacher (hater because the boy hates her-I like her) that invited the parents to view what the 5th graders have been up to for their rain forest studies. They completely transformed the 5th grade hallway into the rain forest. Quite a crowd showed up for our alloted time slot (210pm -230pm). You couldn't see the forest for the disinterested parent flock that stood in the hall way. Vines were hanging, animals were drawn every where for each layer of the forest, the ceiling was covered in blue paper, the stuffed animals were on tables for their part of the rain forest.
*The blond is mine*
This had to be my very favorite part of the rain forest exhibit. The rain forest aborigine complete with the leaf over his pecker. I got such a giggle fest out of this. 10 year olds...smdh
Jill
1/13/12


I don't get that early arrival thing either-why don't they walk or ride a bike? And the rain forest is super cool!
ReplyDeleteSo it's not just my kids' school. Good. I was wondering.
ReplyDeleteThe rainforest looks pretty awesome, and I can't stand parking wars like that either. It's completely frustrating.
ReplyDelete