Thursday, January 12, 2012

‘Cute clothes and pretty boots’

My girl comes to me last week and says that she would like ‘cute clothes’ and ‘pretty boots’. This caught me off guard because she’s my cutie any way she dresses, but she has to keep up with the niece who got all sorts of swanky duds for Christmas from her father’s huge family. On Monday off we went for ‘cute clothes and pretty boots’. I was sucking down a gallon of coffee after 5 hours sleep. I kept my promise to her though and she was thrilled, picking through racks and finding just the right gaudy clothes that fit her gaudy swag. Bright colors, animal prints, and a mix&match all together. Pretty boots eluded us till we got to Walmart where she found them and her glitterati pink sparkle hat and a pair of extra large sunglasses. She’s walking around looking like a cross between Cyndi Lauper in her ‘girls just wanna have fun’ days and Lady Gaga. We went shopping at the Foreman Mills store down the road. The place had a banging system and all the latest music playing. Shit, I think I wanted to fill out a job app and spend my days there listening to music. I saw her heading toward Roca Wear and thought, ‘Jesus Christ, No!’ From the varying purchases she made, I think Roca Wear would be more suitable. The clothes she got couldn’t be anymore different from Bohemian niece. I’m glad she has her own sense of style, albeit awkward. I picked up few pair of leggings from the Family Dollar on Tuesday and now all is well in the closet.

For myself I picked up a stylish little pair of clogs. Ain’t they sweet? $6.99. I walked around the store in them, clackity-clack-clack-clacking, loving the feeling of being 3 inches taller. Smile

sh

Jill 1/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment