HERE
The premise of the story is Black Friday starts too soon. Stores are getting money hungry and starved in this economy. Understandable. Each store wants you, the consumer, to go to their store first. They will sell anything, open any hour and bargain the hell off items to get you, the consumer, to spend your hard earned money on their stuff. Understandable. It's a capitalism based society and money makes the world go 'round. I get it.
I think Black Friday is insane personally, but insane people who love a bargain and crowd surfing do it every year. I am not one of them. I love a bargain. I don't like fighting over Lalaloopsy dolls. I shop primarily on amazon.com, hit the K mart once or twice, stop at game stop once or twice and then the dollar store for stocking stuffers. Shit, I am half done and Black Friday is a week away yet.
Anthony Hardwick, a part time Target store employee, is bent out of shape because he has to work on Black Friday. Black Friday, for young Anthony, starts at 11pm on Thanksgiving.
Young Anthony doesn't want to work at 11pm on Thanksgiving, readying his local Target store for the craziest day of the year.
***Insert whining male voice here***
"
1. Anthony, dear young Anthony, you are lucky there's a girl out there that wants to marry a part time Target employee. You are also lucky that her family is thrilled to welcome you, a part time Target-seasonal probably-employee to their family let alone table.
2. Anthony, dear, young Anthony, that is life. Get your ass out of bed and go eat dinner then go to work like the rest of us holiday workers. Man up. Get your head out of your man-gina and deal with it.
3.You have options. Call off work. It is only a Target store dumb ass. They won't even miss you.
4.You have a poor work ethic. There are plenty of people that have to work holidays. Self included. I have off this Thanksgiving, but I would trade your Thanksgiving at Target for my CHRISTMAS at the nursing home any fucking time.
5. You need to get a life. You are lucky you even have a job. Do you know how many people do not have a JOB? The unemployment rate is sky high and you complain about going to work.
6.Going to work will impress your family to be. It shows you are willing to sacrifice yourself for your family. You are willing to sacrifice your needs for your family.
7.You seriously are pussy whipped if you want to sit around the table and discuss your wedding. Really, loser? You want to watch football while your girlfriend discusses the wedding. No man in his right mind really gives two shits about the wedding. That's chick stuff.
8.You are lucky I am not your boss, cause I'd make your Thanksgiving-Black Friday the night from hell. You would WISH that you were home talking about your wedding.
Now, strictly as an example, the following. As a mom, not a nurse or a part time Target employee.
1.Get out of bed at 7am.
2.Start a delish meal for an entire family and monitor that meal all.day.long.
3.Clean what mess there is up before people arrive.
4.Welcome guests as they flood your abode with more tasty treats.
5.Organize the table.
6.Entertain guests. Fetch drinks and tend to a slew of children that may or may not be my own.
7.Serve a delish meal to a crowd.
8.Clean up that delish meal while the crowd vegges and cavorts and watches games and children play.
9.Make take home left over dishes for people.
10.Usher people out as they are ready.
11. Get kids ready for bed and into bed.
12. Shower (maybe, depending on where the night takes the family and how late they are there.)
13. Get in the car with my girlfriends and go to Target, Walmart, the mall, and shop till the list is done.
14. It's called a 24 hour day.
Women do it every year, dear young Anthony. Suck it up and go to work.
SOM
11/17/11


No comments:
Post a Comment