I had the weekend off for the first time in months.Our annual farm trip to the pumpkin patch was ruined on Saturday by
SNOW
and
ICE
storms.
OuThe kids put their heads in the holes and posed for a pic. The older they get the
harder it is to get their
heads in the holes.r farm trip was postponed till Sunday,
but it was
COLD
and
WINDY.
The kids put their heads in the holes and posed for a pic.
The older they get
the harder it is to get their
heads in the holes.
the harder it is to get their
heads in the holes.

They spent a very long time looking around for just the right
pumpkins.
Why it took an hour to make a choice is beyond me?
I will say that the snow and ice did nothing for those pumpkins.
You really had to search for the right ones because they were
frostbitten.
Why it took an hour to make a choice is beyond me?
I will say that the snow and ice did nothing for those pumpkins.
You really had to search for the right ones because they were
frostbitten.

After the mess was made and allsaid and done, I googled 'pumpkin seeds'.
I wondered what to do with them,
how to cook them to be eaten.
And darn it if allrecipes.com
didn't supply the very easy
answer.
25 minutes in the oven at 325 degrees
gave us some slightly
burned pumpkin seeds.
We ate them and then the left overs
I tossed outside for the squirrels.
Cause squirrels will eat anything.
That's our Halloween pumpkin carvin' story.
SOM
10/31/11






No comments:
Post a Comment