Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WWTK Wednesday

{1} What is one thing (food or drink) that you MUST have everyday?
My morning coffee, my afternoon coffee and iced tea in between.

{2} What is your "go to" food when you don't feel well/need comfort?
Comfort food is Mc Donald's or Wendy's. If I don't feel well, I try to stay hydrated as opposed to eating food.

{3} Is there a dish that you make that people request when they visit your home/a family favorite?
Everyone seems to like my chili. It's a crockpot variety. The fam loves it, but a full crock pot (a double batch) will feed my night shift crew. And my crew will drop hints like 'you haven't made chili in awhile. It's a pretty big hint that they want some.

{4} What are 3 foods you have TRIED, do not like and will NEVER eat again?
brussel sprouts, sushi, and tomato gravy only cause it looks like vomit.

and our final question comes from Dee@ HomesickCajun
{5} What's one thing that you love to eat that most people would think is weird and/or gross??
Goat. I haven't had this in awhile since my sources no longer work with me. I work with a handful of African people who make goat as a regular dish. And it is delicious. Goat with African rice. Yummy! I tear it up!
Prison oodles of noodles. If you know someone that has been incarcerated for any decent amount of time, then you will know of /have eaten prison oodles of noodles. It is a culinary delight! And there are many ways to make it. Ask your family convict.
Photobucket

WWTK Wed is courtesy of Mamarazzi
LINK 1 -mamarazzi
LINK2-Queso



11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself. I always love to learn little things about fellow bloggers.
    I do LOVE sushi again. Start with shrimp tempura rolls and work from there. Might help. Stopping by from VB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill!

    I'm visiting from VB. A fellow coffee addict, I see! :) Your post made me SO hungry, so for that, shame on you! ;) Now all I want is chili!

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a comfort finding a fellow McDonalds fan! LOL

    Visiting from voiceBoks
    Thanks, Becky Jane
    http://riseaboveyourlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomato gravy? That sounds... weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I think of Mcdonalds, I see Eddie Murphy doing his special about the house burger. LOVED IT! And now....I think we'll have chili for dinner :)

    Sharon from VB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't eat any of your gross things either. Of course I don't know what tomato gravy is??? Flour and water mixed with tomatoes? Totally stumped. What would you eat it on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the first snowy weekend to make chili. I may just go for the first cold weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never in my whole life, ever, eaten at McD's. not once. even as a child the smell alone triggered my gag reflex, i just couldn't do it. people tell me i am missing out, but i just cannot imagine it tasting good.

    oodles of noodles...we don't have a family convict here but my husband teaches at the correctional academy and is a correctional sergeant so i know he knows some of the ways the inmates get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomato gravy????? That dos sound gross!

    What is oodles of noodles? Sadly, I don't know of any ex-cons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tomato gravy is made of tomatoes. It's a goopy mish mash of spices and tomatoe and you eat it over toast like shit on a shingle. It looks a lot like vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oodles of noodles?? i'm gonna have to look into that, i'm curious now! and i LOVE a good bowl of chili...its one of my favorite all time meals!

    ReplyDelete