Wednesday, September 07, 2011

WWTK wednesday

Photobucket



1. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas most definitely.
That stage between I am not a kid anymore and the one where I had children was boring!
But since I had my babies Xmas was revived. I love decorating (snowman theme) and I snatch up all the evergreen and peppermint smelling candles I can find. The house takes on a whole new feeling. A happier one, a more excited one.

2. Do you have any fun holiday traditions? What are they?
The tree is our favorite family part. We go to Rita's water ice and the kids decide which live tree to purchase under 50$. They usually pick out the one that hits the ceiling and is as wide as the living room. Like it was meant to be plucked straight out of the forest, tethered to the minivan roof top and dragged by 2 persons into the house. Kids stand on ladders and radiators and couches to decorate the thing big enough to put a tree house in!

3. When do you start Christmas shopping?
Late October/early November. Last year I used my amazon card and got everything off amazon.com minus the little dollar store stocking stuffers.

4. What is your favorite holiday food?
M&M's. Really, I buy the Xmas colored M&M's and put them in our Xmas M&M jar.

5. Share a favorite childhood holiday memory.
The train. My mom used to put a train under the tree on a track and it used to go around and around.
Baking cookies with my Nan.

6. Have you ever actually tried fruitcake?
No

5 comments:

  1. I love Christmas too; all the decorations and baking is fantastic. However, I get very few volunteers that want to clean up or take down decorations. Great post, though.
    Glad to connect with you on voiceBoks,
    Barbara
    Español para Niños (Spanish for Kids)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a train around the xmess tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a train to go around the tree--but we have a little boy that would wreck the train and the casualties would make for a grim Christmas, so we will wait until he is older to try the 'round the tree train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww i love that the kids pick out and decorate the tree! how fun! and you're totally right, Christmas regained its charm once i had kids. its way more fun now!


    ps- I'm givin' love for mamarazzi today too, she's out of town but says hi to everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great answers, love all the holiday spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete