Friday, September 30, 2011

$2,770.14




That's my money flying away.
It's not going to heaven where it will R.I.P.
It's going to the school district where I assume some portion of it will be wasted.
I only pray that mine goes toward the electric bill.

I dread this time of year, but I feel so much better that
this burden of school taxes is off my back.


Prior to being a lovely home owner I coulda gave 2 craps about school taxes.
When I started paying school taxes about 8 years ago they were
a grand total of 1800$.
They have almost doubled. And that's just school taxes.
I am not including the other 2 real estate taxes that I get in the spring that
add up to 1400$.
In all I pay around 4,000 annually to the powers that be.
Compared to some people in this country that is a fantastic deal.
I know people who pay 6,000$ alone just for school taxes and have no children at all.
The 2770.14 is just taxes. That doesn't include the lunch money, uniforms, supplies, etc...that also goes into the school year.


I could be thankful though that the financial burden is off of me as of today.
I paid those school taxes like a good little obedient citizen.
The only reason I pay them is so I don't get in legal trouble and so I
don't have the township take my house.
**********
Children are our future.
That is a fact, but this tax issue-and they go up about 200-300$ annually-is getting out of hand.
I have a plan that would slash the school budgets and save us all a lot
of money.
1.End all sports, music, art programs.
That's a toughie for a lot of people.
If you wanna play football, a township league could be funded.
Schools could donate all that unused equipment to those leagues.
Music...if you wanna play clarinet or drums or a horn, do it on your own time.
Art... buy some paper and do it as a hobby, start a website that focuses on
your art, paint and draw at home.
This also includes theater and chorus.

2.End all transportation to and from school.
That would save money for gas, repairs, inspections, etc...

3. Set up junior high and senior high on a rotating curriculum like
college does. Focus on your major earlier in life.
Elementary school is your foundation and afterward in junior and
senior high schools you expand on that.

4. Bag a lunch.
End all cafeteria programs.
Get rid of all vending machines, too.

5.End all class trips.

6.School should be year round. No summers off.

I think that is it for now.

SOM
9/30/11

No comments:

Post a Comment