Google shut me down for almost 24 hours.
Why?
Ask my 10 year old.
I was at work Sunday evening, trying to check my blog and it was removed. My whole google was shut down. What on earth did I post or say that got me shut down? I wondered this as I signed on to google at work and the site informed me that I was an underage user attempting to use the site and I violated the TOS.
What?! I am 37. Click here, it said, to find out more.
I clicked.
I printed out my form to fill out. I could either mail it or fax it and I faxed the info straight away.
Name-check. Age-check. Go out to the trunk of your car, Miss and get your driver's license and fax it to Google-check.
I faxed my id and had to agree to the TOS all over again. This could take 3-5 days depending on how fast google moved at their office.
It didn't take me long to figure out this Scooby doo mystery. Ask my 10 year old, who was on line while I was at work and tried so hard to set himself up with a you tube account.
1.He used my email that I already use.
2.He repeatedly put in his correct age despite the age requirements.
At that point the powers that be had enough of the child and kicked him out and shut me down.
When I got home from work Monday morning, I checked the history on the computer and there it was in black and white. The evidence.
Google got the fax, turned back on my accounts and here I am. No worse for wear.
OK since it turned out for the better I feel safe in saying that I laughed out loud at that one. I guess you can commend him on being honest about his age even though he did not meet the age requirements for the site he wanted to log into.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Back!
Shanan
http://yogi-mommy.blogspot.com/
Stopping by from VoiceBoks. That is too funny. I could see my son doing that. Glad your site is back up. Stop on by http://personalfitcoach.com and say hi.
ReplyDelete