1015am doctor appointment with the boy who complains about left ear pain. He's 10, comes crying (literally) to me yesterday morning about his ear and how much it hurts and how awful it is.
We spent 3 days at camp and he spent 90% of it in the pool under the water. And that water filled up his ears. And boom, an infection. I think a case of swimmer's ear gone wild. Now, if he'd mentioned this to me when his ear started to feel uncomfortable, I could have dealt with it and alleviated it somehow. But he has a high tolerance for discomfort and chooses to say something to me while I am at work of all places and he waits till the weekend. The weekend our only alternative is an ER and he was dead set against that. Aren't 10 year olds so fucking opinionated these days? So we've been doing motrin and that has helped and has also helped to avoid a fever I suppose.
First thing this morning as soon as the doc's office opened I was on the phone to the lovely nurse, Kris, who gave me a 1015am appointment. Great, 1015am. I have only been up since yesterday around 330pm. I can wait till 1015am and the hang out awake in a doc's office and then go to the pharmacy and then dose him up with whatever antibiotic they write out a script for. I suppose bed time will be round about noon. Yes, noon.
Ain't being the only responsible parent grand?
Lesson to be learned=choose your baby daddy wisely or you'll be at the doc's office when you're supposed to be asleep.
SOM 8/1/11
No comments:
Post a Comment