


Get your Challenge on day#4!!!!
Get Your Challenge on...10 day plan/self acceptance
Having just finished reading the memoir "This Is Gonna Hurt" written by Nikki Sixx, I came away with a feeling of my spirit being lifted. Reading Nikki's book gave me more insight to self discovery, self assessment and self acceptance than this Oprah article ever could. Nikki writing the book and whoever penned the article are two different individuals with very different life experiences. Nikki put his journey in his own words. Let's not get off track here. I am NOT reviewing Nikki's book. I will steal a line from it though, a catch phrase that resonated within me and seemed to sum Me up perfectly, "An eyesore with a dream". And similar to the title of the book it did hurt. Lotsa stuff hurts in this life. But you know what, you think about it, fret over it, and realize that what happens happens for a reason. The key is you don't get over it, you move on from it. The proverbial this too shall pass.
An eyesore with a dream...that's me. I have never been a looker and few have looked my way. I am not a complete disaster here. In fact,when I look at people I went to high school with, on the off chance I run into one of them or see them on Facebook's 'people you may know' corner of the homepage, I think WTF happened to you? There are a few exceptions, of course. The pretty and the popular do not age well. So I sit here with my friends-the extra rolls ,my glasses, my short stumpy legs, my dried out, calloused nurse's feet, my crow's feet, the sprinkling of white hair thru out the red, my missing canine tooth, and a couple boo-boo's I keep picking at. My Charlie Sheen Torpedo of Truth Tour 2011 "WINNING" tee shirt is an added bonus on this eyesore. I am a fat, cute, little troll doll. I look like a girl Elton John, and that's what my mother told me. Or I like to say I look like Princess Fiona from Shrek, the ogre not the easy on the eyes fair skinned princess. Thankfully, I am NOT GREEN!
I like top 40 rap music and latino generated reggaeton. I love the color green. I am flat broke. In debt. I don't get paid enough. I am tougher than I look and I am tougher than I think. I have ideas and they are just as important as yours or anyone else's ideas and opinions. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, and if I don't dammit I will google it!
I am a mom. I am a nurse. I am a daughter. I am an orange mustang owner who loves eating crabs and drinking beer at the beach.
All in all, I can do this life shit with one hand tied behind my back. I can run this family tree like an empress, cook and clean and do laundry and write a fuckin' blog at the same time. I am not in it for opinions, but I am in it for self expression. Self discovery. Self assessment. And it's fun too.
SOM 5/6/11
No comments:
Post a Comment