Friday, November 1, 2013.
I made my own candles. Sort of. I love candles. I love burning them, the scented ones especially. Then when the candles get to the bottom and I have all that wax left over. I melt the wax and then pour it into an empty spaghetti sauce jar or salsa jar. For the wick I use a string off a mop end. All toll the candle costs a fraction of a dollar because I only had to buy the mop end. Cool huh? I lit the one on the right to see how my creation burned, and it did. A bit smoky at first because of my chosen wick, but it functions just fine. These candles won't ever be a centerpiece at Thanksgiving dinner, but if the lights go out during a storm, they'll be long burning and provide some light. Awesome huh?
Jill
11/1/13

No comments:
Post a Comment