Friday, September 28, 2012

listening

It's a Metallica music kinda day, so that means there's some kind of rage within me. Rage sucks cause I have no outlet for it. Until I go to bed anyway, then the rage comes out in a sickly perverted way. I take out the rage on him and he rather fancies that.
Old Metallica vs new Metallica.That's kind of like asking 'David Lee Roth era Van Halen or the Sammy Hagar era Van Halen?' I should say newer Metallica. The brand new stuff is crap, mostly used as crop fertilizer and the stuff anti rock music groups could burn in a can of fire. Remember back in the 80's when Tipper Gore and her PMRC buddies used to do just that? And the religious groups, they may still do that? It's not as big a story now.
I would side with old Metallica. I would side with DLR era Van Halen also. I'm picky and I'm showing my age as well.I remember when I started listening to Metallica. It was the day and age of the technological advancement called the cassette tape. Oh, I had a hundred of them. Some I wore out and had to buy new ones. There was a record store in this place called the mall where I spent most of my youth. In fact, my mall was the set for that movie with Marky Mark Wahlberg, The Lovely Bones. True story, look it up. McDade Mall. All the crew trucks and trailers and equipment were scattered in the cordoned off property that was once a thriving line of businesses and eateries. A place where you could sit on Santa's lap or the Easter Bunny's lap.
It was also a time of high hair. I had a long red mane that was more than half way down my back. Oh, what I'd give to have that hair now! I spent every morning before school with a can of ozone destroyer aka aqua net super hold and I teased that hair six inches off my head. I looked absolutely, without a doubt, ridiculous.
Metallica was one of my favorites and continues to be. Along side of Bon Jovi and Motley Crue and Aerosmith. My very first concert was August 6th, 1988. I was 14. I saw Guns N Roses all drugged out and Aerosmith as the headliner all cleaned up and trying to regain some of their cash they snorted up their noses. They were successful. GNR remains my absolutely most favorite band. The tragedy of this rock n' roll story is they are alive and some are more well than others. Axl Rose is mental and a hermit somewhere out in Indiana possibly and Steven Adler has a lot of cleaning up to do. I mean the original 5 members, not the stand ins and the dancing girl back up singers, too. What a monster GNR was.
Appetite for Destruction. I didn't know it was even legal to say fuck that many times on an album. But they did it. They sounded different than every one else out there.
I have little occasion to listen to that stuff now. Depending upon my mood, though, I'll you tube a bunch of vids and rage, reminisce or just listen

Jill
9/27/12

No comments:

Post a Comment