Ready doesn't quite cover it.
Last night at work blew. I was up to my eye balls in petty bullshit.
All related to nursing.
More paper in a paperless revolution.
That is the tip of the bullshit iceberg.
Mounds of print outs that I use to accomplish the bullshit of
double checking and fixing what one or more nitwits
screw up.
FYI...if I wanted to do an admission, I'd work when admits arrive.
mmmkay???
Now that that is off my DD's,
yesterday was my daughter's 8th birthday.
This morning after work I went to Walmart and
accomplished a DSi XL, which was on sale for 129$ and change.
I got her little trinket stuff and a couple games.
-pictionary (she loves to draw)
-amusement park (she can create her own amusement park)
I stopped ny the Family Dolla-Holla!
I got her her make up and the Angry Bird stuff she was
eyeballing last week.
Istopped by Acme and got an ice cream cake.
I brought it all home and contained it in a couple gift bags and wrapped 3 presents
because I ran out of tissue paper.
Umm, I only wrap at Christmas.
I also had no scotch tape, so I resorted to nursing tape.
Nursing tape builds up around here. It comes home in pockets just
like alcohol swabs, skin prep swabs and the lancets for doing blood
sugar checks.
Occasionally a pulse ox or a pair of nursing scissors
winds up at home, but that goes back.
I wound up in bed and asleep after being awake 25+ hours.
During the time I was asleep, she managed to open all her presents.
I told her not to, but when does she listen?
The excitement of her big day and all, she tore through everything.
The excitement of her big day and all, she tore through everything.
Finally she got to the DSi XL box and found it empty.
I had it plugged in and charging in the kitchen. She thought she had been gyped out of
a hand held game system.
Apparently she questioned me while I was asleep, but I was
nonresponsive.
You know kids have a nurse as a parent when they use words like
nonresponsive or unresponsive at age 8.
Tonight, I also called out of work.
He was supposed to be released from jail.
He was supposed to be released from jail.
-you know kids have a frequent flyer parent in the prison system
when the kid asks, 'which jail do you usually drop him off?'
I wasted my TIME, GAS AND CALLED OFF WORK,
USING MY BUILT UP SICK TIME to drive an hour
out of this county for no reason at all.
I was pissed. I got some
BULLSHIT
EXCUSE
about parole not putting through the release form,
so rlease will probably be on
MONDAY.
Fuck.
I was angry.
Turn around, go back home.
We went to dinner to celebrate Zoe's 8th birthday
and we wound up at the Hibachi restaurant.
Japanese cuisine and Sushi bar.
The chef cooks right in front of you at the table.
He does tricks with his tools of the trade
-spatula and fork-
to thrill us.
Zoe shouted, 'this chinese man is a magician!!!"
He flipped shrimps into our oral cavities.
He fed us well,
steak and shrimp and chicken for the girls.
Zoe was a bit disappointed that the chicken was a boneless filet
and he wasn't warming up a chicken tender.
The chef was playful with the girls, cracking jokes.
He thrilled us all further setting the cooking area on fire.
Our waiter came out with a gong and we sang happy birthday.
I don't think I have ever seen the girl so happy as she was with
the attention of the full restaurant on her.
She's usually not an attention seeker like that.
Homeward bound, we played card games and hung out.
I felt like a zombie at times with my 4 hole hours of sleep
after 25+ hours awake. A nap is what I took.
Now I am sitting in bed, typing away.
Dogs asleep beside me.
Kids asleep somewhere. Some in a bed, some on a couch.
Episodes of Lizard Lick towing are on tv.
That's not the kinda lick I was expecting tonight, but
it is what it is.
Jill
8/12/12

Woman you crack me up, sorry that he didn't get out but Monday comes fast!
ReplyDelete