Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God has cursed me.

My advanced placement student, who 2 weeks ago, made me about do back flips because I was so proud, opted to fuck around and not hand in two assignments-a book report he had 2 weeks to complete and a math packet he had 1 week to complete. Well, on Sunday night I get the phone call at work. He fesses up about the note from the teacher that needs signing and he tells me why he got this note. I was pissed. In less than 2 weeks he has devolved from my super smart future president to a homework delinquent.
Since Monday he's been walking around here like a miserable zombie. He's been looking for the xbox cord that runs from the xbox to the tv. When mom takes away the xbox, she only need remove that one cord. And she stashes it in the trunk of her car. He thinks this is a game of hide n seek and once he finds that cord he can play. Ummm, no. He asked tonight if he can have it back, the  xbox, and I told him no.

"Ugh!! God has cursed me!" He says.
"No, you have cursed you, boy. It's not God who didn't hand in his homework. You didn't hand in yours. And there is no God. You control you. If you want to blame someone, blame you."
End of story. No argument. No rebuttles.
And he brings that God shit on me like that is going to make a difference. This child of mine has, from day one, believed whole heartedly that there is a God. I don't argue with him. He can believe what he wants. I have never raised the kids with the Lord. We have never been to church. We have never prayed or said grace. Every once in a while he'll bring up the subject of religion and I tell him to google his questions. I tell him not to focus on one particular religion or one particular God either, because there are too many warped ideologies out there just to center on one.
Yesterday, though, that God cursing him comment pissed me off.
Bring on the plagues next I suppose. It still won't bring back the xbox.
It's not God damning him, it's Mom.

Jill
3/14/12

No comments:

Post a Comment