Funny enough I was not on Face Book. Last night was not a good night’s sleep. I fell asleep before the girl. I know this because I felt the bed vibrate and it woke me up. She was playing Angry Birds on my cell phone and a notification about some election bullshit from CNN alerted the phone. I rolled over, went back o sleep and I woke up again at 230am to play on my phone, have a smoke and flip through 400 channels of nothing spectacular. I was awake another hour and a half. Almost got myself out of bed and started the coffee pot. Instead, I lay still, started the meditation I Learned in high school health class. It’s the only thing I learned and still use from high school, mind you. I started with my left foot and let the wave of relaxation flow through the foot and by the time I finished the foot ‘wave’ I was out cold and in hell.
I went back to sleep only to dream of what could be considered the world’s end. It ain’t pretty either. It started with natural gas explosions down the street from my house. Like nuts we stayed and watched these gas mains explode, the blue flame shooting high in the sky above the wawa convenience store on the corner. It was warm because we were not dressed for winter and it was night time. My family was all together and we watched together from the front porch as the whole entire neighborhood across the main thorofare exploded and was devoured by flames. At this point instead of gathering up our belongings that we could fit in the van, I hopped on line and checked out CNN. Yes, I made time during the end of the world to watch it not on the front porch, but on line. It entailed the east coast from the Delaware line up to Philly and in land as far as my very own home. The explosions were still ongoing as houses shattered and yellow flames lit up the black night with puffs of black smoke. I remember peeking out my back window and watching the street around the corner burn. Now it’s time to leave.
We decided to start grabbing clothing and my lap top and throwing the stuff in the van. The neighbors were out in full throttle too as our side of the neighborhood had not caught fire yet. All I remember thinking was ‘get my lap top!’ and that we needed to move west away from here. We had to leave.
True to dreams there are always interruptions like the insurance people showing up to assess the damage to my home. Women dressed in plaid polyester skirt suits who would not take no for an answer. They sat in my living room and had clip boards. Strange women that I left there to burn because I wanted to leave.
It was pure panic. The fire was starting and we needed to move away from it. Cars had crashed on the road. All very hot and soot was every where, but not a lot of screaming. Just my heart beating faster and faster as I wondered where we would go.
Then I woke up. I shook myself out of that dream. Out of the fire and into my bedroom where I immediately wondered why I went back to sleep for that.
Jill
2/15/12
omg I hate panic'd dreams like that, they are the worst! Every time I dream I usually have one of those but these days i don't dream terribly often so i'm not plagued by it lol.
ReplyDeleteI am visiting from the wordless wednesday hop and I am a new follower, very nice to meet you!
okay, that's just scary. And then they sit with you after you wake up for waaayyy too long. Probably why I stay away from CNN and live in my own blissful existence with the local weather. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is no holds barred fun!
ReplyDeleteThat is why I don't watch the news becasue I hate waking up from those dreams hell to the NO
ReplyDelete