After school we are sitting around the kitchen table.
The Rican is here "visiting" the girl.
Is he the only man that shows up an hour before the kid even
gets out of school to 'visit' with mami first?
We are split up and we have moved on.
Yep.
Anyway, once the kids get home from school, the girls shoot straight
for the internet and nearly have a fit because Minecraft's site is down.
They both asked why and I blanket stated to them the site's down.
So the Rican looks at the screen with surprise and says,
"PIPA and SOPA, how about NOPA? PIPA means stomach and
SOPA means soup. What's wrong with that?"
Which launches me into an moment's explanation of the legislation that will
be voted yay or nay.
He shrugged it off.
****
Several hours later
****
"Mom, why can't we get on minecraft?!"
The kids are miffed.
I sit down with them and go on CNN.com and we painstakingly take a
half hour of our time reading and article about the subject.
*I am a great mom (pat-pat on the back).*
*I could care less as long as it doesn't interfere with Farmville.*
*Blogger, will it affect blogger? Eh, I'll get a diary.*
A half hour of reading and explaining on line piracy and trade marking and stealing...
yada yada yada. Even I don't understand that crap and they are looking
to me for words of wisdom.
The girl is rambling through our article with her nonsense about a snuggie her
cousin stole off her. I told her to be quiet.
After the education via CNN that we got they still had nerve to ask,
"So why can't we get on Minecraft?" Girls.
"Mom, will anything change with my xbox?"
"No, boy. It won't."
"Then I don't care."
Maybe they are not old enough to raise their little fists to the air and
shout F the federal government yet?
Maybe once they start paying taxes...
Jill
1/18/12


I like the way you think! I borrowed the picture on the bottom. I hope that this does not pass.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up in Exposure 99% week day blog hop. Your newest GFC follower. I look forward being part of your blog.
ReplyDelete