Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Me and the Rican

I should preface this with we are no longer together.
I met Roberto when I was 22 at the bar me and my bestie used to frequent. He was in a relationship with the meanest girl ever, a true ass kicker. So if you dared even look hhis way that bitch would straight slam your head into the bar. I didn't go there, but we did go out a lot after the bar closed to breakfast in a big drunk group. We'd cram 12 or so people into my explorer, we always got stopped by cops and we never got in trouble for all those drunk unseat belted people. Hey, I guess times were different. He taught me how to shoot pool, too, during these bar experiences. He was a LOT of fun. He has life in him, he's funny, he's friendly, he never has bad words about people, he is an old soul. He's also sexy as all get out.

Several years pass (2002) he had broken up with bad ass for about a year when I found his sexy ass outside the apartment building around the corner from my house. He worked as building maintainence, had his own apartment in there. He seemed responsible. He was polite and nice to me. He has a nice smile and a good laugh. He made me laugh. So, I stopped and said hi. He told me to stop by anytime and knowing me and my non-outgoing personality, I doubted that would ever happen. But it did. My bestie stood me up one night, got into a fight with her mom and mom refused to watch her twins. So I drove away and went to his place, rang the bell and that was that. I always joke that he is lucky I rang the right door bell because the whole building was an illegal housing mecca from all south american ports of call. He happens to be Puerto Rican. Totally legal and he's lucky too. I always told him while angry that if he wasn't legal I'd have him deported.
We had our first 'date' that night and that's it, we started a near decade thing where I went from this kind and nice person to a cynical, doubting, nagging, and at times violent bitch.
The first couple years were honey moon like. He knocked my socks of in bed and I think we spent a lot of that time naked. Sex was is and always will be our one connecting point. It's what we always did best together.
I spent several years trying to cure the ass hole. He has had a drug problem, on and off, more on than off. I have been through rehab a few times with him. I have been through jail a few times with him. I have had him disappear for weeks at a time while he's binging on drugs and I get to clean him up when he wants to clean up.
We have one daughter together, Zoe. She's 7. That girl is always looking for a good time, has taken on his artistic side and has not a care in the world. She's the best kid, smart and playful, always goofing off. The boy is mmine from a previous relationship, but he's been a dad to him from about a year and a half. All the problems and shortcomings he has, he has always been a good dad to them, taking them out, playing with them, running and biking and throwing balls and all the important kid stuff. He taught them how to ride bikes and how to fly kites, all that dad stuff.
Once he quit drugging, he started drinking. And turned into a freaking ass hole. When that man is sober, I LOVE love LOVE him to death. We get a long, we don't fight, we have no issues. When that fucker drinks he drinks straight bacardi rum and doesn't know when to stop. He gets pissy ass drunk and when he does he gets all depressed and angry and picks with me. He has never laid a hand on me. I have learned over the years that me+him+bacardi don't mix well. I am sober and he is not. Point blank. Mid decade in to this shit storm of a relationship, I started getting my shit off my shoulders, I started speaking up, standing my ground and lost the nice girl act. He hated that. I declared myself the one in charge, the one who wears the pants and he needs to learn his place and that is how we lived for 4 more years. With animosity and anger and regret for the things we said and did. I won't get into the infidelity thing. All you need to know about the marriage is how I wrecked that shit on purpose.

So when he and wifey split again we got even worse cause I held in that anger and it wasn't good. That's when we'd fight I would get all ninja like and try to kick his Rican ass. This happened several times. In September he called the cops and I was nearly arrested for domestic assault. THANKs to the GOD I DON'T believe IN for the save. And he was drunk or I would have been arrested, putting my kids and my career in jeopardy. The last time the cops were here was in October when I finally put my foot down against continuing a relationship. He won't grow up and I want to. I am tired of butting heads. So he doesn't live with me. I see him 1-2 times a week, we get our nut off and he GOES away. How long will that go on? IDK, but we are best separate.

Jill
1/31/12

3 comments:

  1. You have no idea how familiar this story is to me. I too had a Rican with a drug problem and saw him through jail (twice). Sometimes I'm thankful that he's no longer around (I moved and never told him where), but very often I miss his worthless ass.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often miss his worthless ass as well. Thanks for the comment:)

      Delete
  2. nice story...i too miss the worthless ass i have years back....was here....

    ReplyDelete