Friday, December 23, 2011

Gurgling, gut busting Mac n Cheese.

Today I have a long list of stuff I need to accomplish. Being that I don’t make lists, odds are I will forget something. My main objective is food for tomorrow’s party at the +internet cafe+ and the last of the gift cards I have to get. I have purchased half, but need to purchase to others and put them in my cards. Favoritism at the café? It could be considered that. I prefer calling it giving gifts to those that I appreciate and like on a personal level as opposed to those that I have to appreciate and like on a work level.
Saturday evening is our Christmas party. I am making baked ribs because they are so seasonal to Xmas. And I have to make some beef ribs as well because one of the nurses doesn’t eat pork. I need to cook them separately so I know which ribs are which. Right now I’m making baked mac n cheese. I am responsible for that also. The mac n cheese ingredients I have in the house, so I am getting a head start. My mac n cheese is a dairy nightmare. If anyone has any kind of bowel/dairy issue, then I would eat it with caution. Milk, butter, and almost a pound of cheese in the pot simmering till it all melts, macaroni noodles cooked. Dump the milk/cheesy liquid over the macaroni in a baking dish (I use disposable aluminum baking products), mix in some 5 cheese shredded and stir till melted. Then add on top left over sliced American cheese as well as whatever is left in the shredded cheese bag and bake for an hour or so at 350. Spices per your own taste. Yummy till the gut gets gurgling. Gurgling is the goal.
I have everything wrapped. It’s not even hidden. It’s inside stuff in the living room. Actually it is all in plain sight. If they only had their antennaes up, they would have found my stash. But they are thinking along the lines of car trunk or closet. If they only knew! The girl was dancing in the living room last night and was throwing herself around wildly on and off the floor and for a second I really thought she would discover the easy bake ovens. It wasn’t meant to be.
So, enough about Christmas. I am all Christmas’d out. I wanna move on to New Year’s Resolutions. My major resolution will be particularly difficult:to stop cussing.
I thought of it the other day during a cuss filled rant over something trivial. I am notoriously profane, especially while driving. I literally have to think hard NOT to cuss when I am speaking. So that is my resolution. I am not saying that I will stop 100%. Sometimes women are cunts. Sometimes men are dicks and sometimes shit happens and it ain’t fucking right. I’m just saying that not every sentence I say has to have a cuss word in it. I can do this.
last year
Have a great holidaySmile from SOM 12/23/11

6 comments:

  1. The macaroni and cheese sounds delicious. Add a little paprika on top and yum. I also can't wait for New Years. I don't have a problem cussing but I do need to stop eating junk lol. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...there's nothing like 5 cheese macaroni--or pimento cheese sandwiches for that matter. Gotta love it. AND I agree with you on the gift stuff....I'm over gifts for every Tom, Dick and Harry. So much more fun when it's for people you LOVE. Merry Christmas and good luck with your potty mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might help you to toss in a dollar in a jar whenever you say words you would rather not. Good luck with your New Year's resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny! love your mac n cheese recipe! i have one that is similar! good thinking hiding in plain sight. i had everything delivered to hubs office and am off after lunch to pick up today to wrap while my mom has kidlets at the movies. hope i have enough time!! :-) have a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to cuss like a sailor until I made a resolution to stop. While I can still be known to let one slip, I have improved ten fold. The biggest motivation was when my 3 year old son started talking like me! That was a wake-up call, lol! Good luck to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mac n cheese looks really good. Good luck on the cussing! I have no advice. I cuss alot when I'm pissed but never around my daughter so she's helped me cut back. have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete