"Mommy & Housewife is not a Legal JOB"
I happened upon this lovely assertion of life while on my local news' face book page. It was posted either above or below a post I wanted to read. It immediately caught my eye. I was not angry because it is not a 'career', but it IS a job. Often thankless, often stressful we carry on like soldiers ushering in the next generation of fine people. It has its high points, yadda...yadda...yadda.
This is the post:"There's a difference between being a housewife and raising children. Some housewives have children, some don't. Either way, it's not a career. A career is something you can choose to leave (if started at all) , if you choose to not properly raise your kids-it will not only affect you but also the children's lives and result in dire consequences.A career is something you have to work hard to attain..., getting knocked up isn't. If cleaning, cooking, and raising kids is so hard, who the hell put a gun to your head and made you get pregnant? I hate women who complain about being mothers, when they are the ones who chose to not use protection! A career is something that requires education and experience, again getting knocked up doesn't. A career involves giving back to society and being a contributing citizen."
This is a facebook page made up with just one post and it's called,
"Mommy & Housewife is not a Legal JOB"
I was especially impressed with the line, "A career involves giving back to society and being a contributing citizen" as if motherhood and raising the next generation doesn't fit the bill of giving back and contributing.
If you would like to comment, feel free. Also, click the link and leave the comment below the facebook post.
LINK
That FB page is a perfect example of the graphic that appears to the right of the screen as I type this comment..."You're not deep....You just have internet access."
ReplyDeleteI gave you a "Liebster Blog Award". Check out this post at Back Porchervations to learn more and to pick up your award. Congratulations!