Thursday, November 24, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving
We got up late this morning @11am. The girl and I sleep late when they don't have school, holiday or not. We don't care. We like our rest.
We made our coffee trip to the corner store. Wawa is open 24/7/365 and sometimes will close on nightshift for Christmas. But its doors were open for me to fetch my needed coffee.
Once home we readied the bird for the oven. The girl put on her gloves and she stuffed her very first turkey. She crammed stuffing up that bird's butt like a pro. She rubbed him down with vegetable oil so his skin will get nice and crisp, massaging all the crevices.
Yesterday the girl made her veyr special and delicious cornbread (Jiffy) and it's on the stove warming from the heat that's coming out of the vent. Last night I ran to work at 11pm to fetch my potato pie. I bought one off one of the girl's I work with. Her little brother was doing a fundraiser and that potato pie looked awesome. It's bigger than I thought it'd be. A half hour in the oven and it'll be totally ready to be eaten. I have asparagus and I made stuffing from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. It's the basic of very basic stuffing. That's all I wanted.
Our meal is coming together nicely. The girl is thrilled to help. I was surprised about that. She wanted to get hands on and was mad that she couldn't get her little 7 year old hands in the oven. That is totally off limits to her.
1. I'm glad we're all alive.
2. I'm glad I have internet and can waste my time on line.
3. I'm glad I have coffee to drink.
4. I'm so grateful I put him out of my house. And I am thankful that I don't have him here ruing this holiday. He always was able to ruin a decent holiday. So, amen to good decisions.
5. I'm grateful to have healthy, smart and smart ass kids.
Especially this one who left me this note this morning.<3
Have a good Thanksgiving.
Gobble Gobble Gobble
SOM
11/24/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment