Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween WWTKWednesday

{1} How did you celebrate Halloween? Trick or treating? Adult party? Trunk or treat?
We went the trick or treat route. When you have little kids, that is the direction you head.
I would have preferred watching Ghost Hunters all snuggled up under a blanket on my sofa.
We were out about an hour. The girls had a blast and basically I was there to ensure they
looked both ways crossing the street. This year is the first year the boy went solo with his friends. Tear:( He's growing up enough to survive the neighborhood streets in the dark.

{2} What candy is your favorite/the first thing you steal from the kids?
Tootsie rolls. I had one from each kid's bowl of candy.

{3} What kind of candy do you give out, is it your favorite? or something you know you won't be tempted to eat?
I bought Almond Joy, Reese's PB cups, and Baby Ruths. (Those three are my faves.)
The snickers I bought went into the candy pot for outside.
This year is the first year it was all handed out. I was shocked I had no left overs.

{4} How soon after Halloween do you take down decorations and put away costumes?
I will take them down next week.
We only carved our pumpkins on Sunday, so I will give it another week before I
undecorate and toss the pumpkins in the trash.

{5} When do you decorate for the next holiday?
The week after Thanksgiving is when I decorate for Christmas.
My favorite holiday. I decorate inside and outside.
I love the smell of the tree and the candles burning.
It's so warm and toasty.
A good feeling.

Photobucket
Click the button and hit up
Mamarazzi, Queso, and crazymama for some
Hoppin' fun

SOM
11/2/11

8 comments:

  1. Kind of looking forward to decorating for Christmas, but I don't decorate between now and then, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never decide if I should toss the pumpkin before it goes gross or slowly watch it decompose, which is sort of fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you had all the good candy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with how well you handled the "boy in the hood" for the first time! I'm sure I will be just as strong. When he's TWENTY...

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute kids! and love the pumpkins, we carved on sunday night too.

    thanks for linking up.

    sad for no candy leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by and following by GFC from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hope. I'd love if you stopped by my blog.

    Lisa
    http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I decided to check yours out as well, and I love it! It's so real here. Can't wait for more posts. Lucky for me my oldest hates chocolate so I get all his candy bars. haha. It will change when my littlest one can eat candy bars because he loves everything. LOL.

    ReplyDelete