Thursday, October 06, 2011

There are still good people in this world.

continuation...from 10/5/11
I took my car to the mechanic because of the leak.
The faucet of water in my car that correlated with the rainy weather. And don't you know that it didn't rain yesterday? Of course, my luck.
So I drop the car off for Frank at Rite-way to look over. I explained the signs and symptoms that my poor car suffered and left it in his hands.
Also, the Rican told me to go get my car cause Frank was ripping people off, he'd received a neighbor report of this. I also said that I didn't get one bad feeling from Frank and it felt right to have the car looked at by him. He's the first mechanic in years that I felt comfortable standing next to.
So I finally get the call from Frank. He was messing with me when he said the heater core was cracked and there was a pin point hole in the wind shield. A mechanic with a sense of humor. I was fearing the absolute worst!
When he told me about the crack and the hole, I was nearly ready to fall of that stool I was sitting on. But then he said he was just kidding around. Hahaha on me! OMG, there was something clogged and he pulled out the leaves and the muck that had gathered in there over the last couple years and it was a dirty smelly mess! There was nothing mechanically wrong or otherwise! It was merely a clog that the Rican could have tended to.
The charge for the unclogging????? Nothing. Zero. Not a single solitary penny.
So I immediately texted the Rican and told him that it was free, totally absolutely FREE and to tell his friend the same.
Go with your gut when it comes to people. There are good ones out there and then there are the ones who resemble the muck that Frank cleaned out of my car.
I got a thank you card for Frank the mechanic. When he closes up shop, I'm gonna slip it in the mail box up there with 20 bucks. He can have lunch on me.
SOM
10/6/11

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was super nice of him! I agree, there are still nice people in this world! I married one myself! I'm Laura, and a new follower! I found your blog through Voice Boks Friends Following Friends. Your blog is great!

    Laura
    Born To Be Styled
    Eat It Up.

    ReplyDelete