Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The crafting rock.



I was going through the girl's school bag tonight, looking for the water bottle. I've asked her for the last 3 school days to bring it home as it's refillable, not disposable. Instead of the bottle I find this 3X3 rock at the bottom.
"Gordy, why do you have a rock in your school bag?"
"Oh, I just brought that home." She hums.
"Why?" I wondered.
"I liked it. I found it at school. I'm going to craft with it."
"Craft what exactly?" I mean, what can you craft out of stone.
"Like with paints and some googly eyes, y'know."
I know now. I can't wait to see it. And I'll have to buy us some googly eyes.
SOM
10/25/11
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That's hilarious!
    One of my daughters used to collect golf balls. She didn't craft with them. She'd just pick them up if she found them and keep them. (I think some folks used to use the field at the school behind our house as a driving range)
    She's away at college now but there is still a decorative bowl of golf balls on her bureau. :-/ Maybe I should apply some googly eyes and paint to them! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the googly eyed rock. I used to find rocks in my boys' pockets when they were little. They didn't have a cool reason like your kid though...

    ReplyDelete