
This show is on FX every Wednesday night at 10pm.
I had thought it was going to be a movie. Much to my delight, I found out through a commercial it was going to be a tv show. It is a tv show unlike any other. It is a horrorfest for sure. I'm not usually one for the gore and slasher stuff, but this is different, It's scary and it's spooky. It's a gasp out loud while you watch kind of show.
It's drama. Husband sticks his dick in his student and gets caught in the act by the wife. A bitch slap and a move across the country later, the unhappy couple move into the house of all houses with their miserable and unpleasant daughter. Wifey's mourning a miscarriage/still born, hubs is messing around and daughter is a tough on the outside cutter who smokes and gets in fights.
The horror story. The house has a history of death and dismemberment. Awful things that are only thought up in the mind of human depravity live here and haunt this house and its inhabitants. Anybody who lives there dies. All kinds of wicked stuff happens. Ghostly apparitions, doors opening and closing, noises, things that go bump in the night. The devil lives in the basement and perverted rubber suit man likes to roam the halls. The humans are stalked by the dead and I LOVE IT! Every minute of this warped and demented shock fest.
It's sexy. There are not sexual innuendos here. The sex stuff is jammed right in your face. The slutty little maid that hubs sees in her youth and wifey and daughter see in her old age.
The Jessica Lange neighbor is superbly acted and she's a freaking cougar to boot, hooking up with guys 1/4 of her age.
Addie, the Downey daughter she enjoys locking in the closet. There's someone strange for everyone to love here.
The psych patient/boyfriend to their daughter is a total freak and a mental case.
And there's a gazillion screen shots of Dylan freakin McDermott with his clothes off! What woman who breathes wouldn't get a little moist over that?
It's a weird trip in the human psyche that you really have to see to believe.
It's the motherload of bad history, bad decisions and bad ass ghosts and demons and killing and death. The back story to this house unfolds as the lives unfold of the people that live there.
I'm going out on a limb here to say that if this show continues to creep in sinister darkness and depravity, it will be the best show on tv.
In all honesty I was watching just half way through last night and thought, 'this is better than True Blood'. (and I luvs me some True Blood)
Tune in! This show is HOT!
Fan it on FB HERE
Visit the FX site HERE
SOM
10/13/11
Thanks for this post, I thought it was a MOVIE TOO! So glad I read this & found out it is a show. I LOVE stuff like this as well and will definately be setting my DVR to record this show. Great post about it by the way. I feel like I have watched the premiere just by reading your post about it. Thanks Again! :) From VoiceBoks!
ReplyDelete