Friday, August 12, 2011

7th birthday.

8/11 was the girl's 7th birthday.

I found in the Walmart the hair dresser chair that she was eyeing up a couple weeks ago. It's fluorescent green and it spins, goes up and down and was only 15$. She fancies herself a hairdresser nowadays and I filled that gift order along with the doll that goes in the chair.

Countdown begins as to when the Dollie will be totally bald. She has a history of snipping hair off her stuffed animals and dolls.

The fact she wanted a doll at all was a shocker. She's the artsy type. Yesterday she and her cousin played 'baby' and one of them would bring the doll into the salon for a make over.

When I was a kid I had the whole doll set up. Beds and high chair and the full kitchen with table. It was a great fantasy world driven by mommy hood. My girl and my niece were never interested in toting around doll babies. No matter how hard we tried to foster that doll driven play in their heads, they just didn't go for it.

The Nintendo DSi went over big too. The girl's fave color is black, so she has it in black and went around all day filming videos and snapping pics. And all can be uploaded to a face book account, which she doesn't have and there is no router here anyway. She takes good pics for her age. I said she was the visual artsy type.

We went to chick fil a for her lunch. I hate the chic fil a. I don't get a good feeling when I go inside that place. I never have, but they are honest people because she sat that purse of hers down, ran straight for the play area and the purse disappeared with her new DSi in it. I was pissed. An employee took it and put it behind the counter. Thankfully or I would have been out 150$ and less one DSi. She felt bad and I was calm, but gave her a piece of my mind about sitting down her stuff and walking away. Ugh, kids.

Otherwise it was a good 7th day for her. Complete with a Sponge bob cup cake/cake combo. Grilled hot dogs and hamburgers. She was happy.
SOM 8/12/11

No comments:

Post a Comment