
{1} Did you live in the same town or move around a lot as a child?
---We stayed put till I was 10. Moved for a better school district. My parents wanted us to have a fighting chance.
{2} What were your parents like?
--Mom worked and I never saw her. She'd wake me in the morning, get me to school and I didn't see her till the next morning.
--My dad was there to raise us. Maybe that's why I am accused regularly of getting more and more like my father every day and that's a bad thing?
{3} Do you have any siblings? What were they like growing up?
--I don't speak with her now.
--She's retarded and was always having some sort of medical issue that needed working out. That's what childhood was, working out her medical issues and living with her. I guess we were friends on/off, but she always got on my nerves.
{4} Share a short story from your childhood.
--I don't remember much of it. I remember skipping school and watching the challenger explode on tv.
--OMG, hands across America
--"We are the world", gathering up stuff to send to the starving people in Africa.
--Michael Jackson and Madonna when they were the shit!
--Live Aid, watching it on tv.
{5} What did you look like? (share a childhood pic for a chance to win a prize)
--I don't have any on my PC. I looked a lot like I look now. Short, fat. Red head.
SOM 8/17/11
I remember those things. Middle school for me. Ahh, the 80s.
ReplyDeleteI wish I remembered the '80s...but I was too little. I missed out on all that good stuff!
ReplyDeleteOMG, we did the We Are the World fundraiser/play. Haha....gotta love the 80's
ReplyDeleteLol we must be around the same age (almost 42) cause I remember all of that in high school too!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, love the 80's stuff. Your post makes me glad I stay home as much as I can with my kids instead of working all the time....we might have less money & stuff, but I'm here.
ReplyDeleteThat was like me my mom worked all the time, my dad did too though. When I was a little older I don't really remember doing much with them.
ReplyDeleteWhich is why I'm trying to do the exact opposite! :)
my dad worked all the time...i barely remember him home! and i feel so lame that i don't know any of that 80s stuff! lol
ReplyDeletei love that your folks made a move in order for you to get a better education. that is awesome.
ReplyDeletethanks for linking up!