Wednesday, May 18, 2011

3.9 mil


Someone paid 3.9 million dollars for this photo print at auction.
This baffles my mind. Since I cannot contemplate the big issues then I will put my 2 cents in on the insignificant stuff. This print is one of them.
First off, this is from 1981. My mom has loads of pics from 1981. Any buyers? I am sure there's one of me laying on the kitchen floor and I'd sell it to you for much less than 3.9 million.
Second, is this a girl or a boy? A boyish looking girl or a boy dressed as a girl?
Third, there's no smile. Could the lack of smile and the look of _(disappointment)_ on the boy-girl's face have anything to do with what is written on the note in boy-girl's hand? And what's the note say?
Fourth, can I hear too much orange?
What kind of frame do you put a 3.9 million dollar picture in? Does one go to Target or Walmart cause they spent all their money on the print?
I wouldn't spend 25 cents on this at a yard sale, but wouldn't mind having 3.9 million to waste on an 80's generation tween pic.
SOM 5/18/11

No comments:

Post a Comment